PMR, OTHER CONDITIONS

Posted , 6 users are following.

IS THERE A CONNECTION BETWEEN PMR and Multiple Myeloma? Thank you.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I'm wondering what makes you ask that question. The only thing I can think of is that sometimes they check for that if, like me, a patient does not have the classic symptoms of PMR and the GP goes on to the next test! My poor GP was so relieved, as was I, that it came back as a negative for multiple myeloma or as a family we would have been having a 2 for the price of 1 at haematology!!!

• Posted

Do you mean another family member has multiple myeloma?
  • Posted

There is no diagnosis as such for PMR it is a matter of discounting other things including myeloma, plus several other possibilities such as vitamin D deficiency, rheumatoid arthritis ........
    • Posted

last year at this time it was suspected i had myeloma, christmas eve i got the all clear, then my doctor said yep we think you have pmr so started the steroids, now they not sure again so being weened off pred.lol
    • Posted

going from 8.5mg to 8mg slower than the hospital wanted, but i am finding this is better for me as last week i could hardly walk, dont know if this is because im reducing or something else.
    • Posted

Take it slowly in your time. Have they come up with any new diagnosis yet?
    • Posted

No she has done x-rays of my neck and spine, and go back for results, i pressume nothing major as i have not heard anything yet.

Her view was i did not have the pains when she lifted my arms up, but my neck was swollen, the hump as she called it, she thought my pain was something else and was concerened abouth the problem with my hips (genodes spelt wrong) and was asking for the results of the scan i had done at Bradford.

• Posted

Ditto on current dose and caution on reduction. I am also having walking difficulty which can also be from stenosis. But I'm looking out for a delayed flare as I have only been on 8.5 for about 9 days. Had some very good days as recent as 4 days ago. Its the constant fluctuation of symptoms that makes this hard to manage.

• Posted

No, Kathy. They have another condition which means a trip to haematology. I just meant we would both be going. I find it interesting that there is a thought that stress may play a part in PMR. This is the least stressful time in my life. If I wrote a book about my life people would think I made it up! I hope you get some resolution as it is difficult dealing with uncertainty.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.