Medication advice please help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is Pregabalin this awful for everyone?

I'm starting to think that anti depressants just don't work for me.

I don't understand how some people can take fluoxetine or citalopram and feel a lift...

I've been on those, plus about 10 others, and I just don't feel better.

If anything this recent Pregabalin has made me much much worse, I can't stop crying, I'm exhausted, I've broken out in spots. I feel like I have the flu (which evidently I don't).

Dr agrees I need to come off Pregabalin but so slowly it's making me despondent... I have to feel like this for longer?

Is there anyone out there who hasn't responded well to traditional drugs and is taking a good combo of some?

I have had CBT, counselling and psychology as well by the way...

I'm just desperate!

Please help xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i have been on pregabalin for 8 years and it aint worth it, at first its amazing like proper good but like all other meds after a month or so it does nothing even when you go on the highest does the good feeling fades and its VERY hard to get of the come down is very bad deep depression and fits of anger. thats all i can say 
    • Posted

Thanks for your response.

I'm coming off it now and it's absolutely brutal. Depression so much worse, so agitated, so exhausted...

Wish I'd never gone near the drug in the first place.

This is one of the worst comedowns from meds I've ever had.

Nasty nasty drug!

xxx

• Posted

I too was given pregabalin and it sent me into the biggest hole that I had been trying to avoid for a plong time....Other than my other pain meds..I take a drug called Sertraline have been on it for years, once or twice throughout this time I have taken a break from them....never again....Sertraline definately my antideppressant of choice and I take 5mg diazepam just before bed...

Hope this helps jx

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply.

Yeah this is the worst I've felt in a long while, reducing dose very slowly as per dr instruction but just feel so terrible.

I've had sertraline before but it didn't really help me unfortunately.

I take diazepam though which seems to be the only thing that brings some relief.

Thanks again for your response, can't wait to get this Pregabalin out if my system! xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.