Mri scan what does it detect .

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone . I'm due an mri scan from my neck and head. I'm got tingling my lip and having pain in my gums. Does an mri show cancer in the mouth /tongue and brain .

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Drs would have spotted any mouth cancers ,pre MRI ,sounds like you've got allergies ,I've got mouth like you describe ,and it's allergies ,that to will give you headaches alone ,me again ,plus yes I've neck ache/ pain ,I've had MRI ,nothing showed up ,but I did have 2 neck bones out after a CTScan showed up that .Dont worry stress will bring that all on more Stress Bain of a humans life .Id say go get your eyes checked out before MRI .Opticians are good at picking all manner of conditions up if you want peace of mind .Go book one .Your be okay ,stress may just be your kicker for all you've just placed .
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply . I've had theses symptoms everyday for 6 months . I've had blood tests all clear apart from vitamin b12 . I do suffer with health anxiety after losing my baby boy in January ( stillborn ) I was 27 weeks pregnant . My life has completely changed . I fear of cancer all the time because of theses symptoms. I go to the doctors every week and dentist .
    • Posted

Hi Natasha ,you've been under a lot of stress that's clear ,health anxiety can happen to almost anyone ,sometimes a stressful time like you had loosing a baby  it can and would set you off in how your thinking .

Anxiety I suffer from ,so I get you ,It's not like you can just switch it off ,it's just sitting and logically thinking your thoughts through.It can be done. Even on a really bad day  keeping occupied  get out with family ,friends ,let people close know how your feeling and your worries .Talking these out can only be to your benifit ,just pick your best listener ,have you been offered CBT therapy  it can work for many .

Hope you go get that eye test Natasha ,then go from there .

You can always pm me anytime ,I will listen .

Forget the Cancer thinking full stop.Dont Google another .

Your be okay  just LIFES beating you up at present .x 

• Posted

Hello thank you so much . Yeah I'm having sessions with cbt I'm on my 2nd session but his on holiday for a couple of weeks . I will get the eye test booked tomorrow thank you for the information . X
    • Posted

Hi Natasha ,you've made a start at CBT ,just go over the homework from it ,I've kept mine from that course .youngest in group I was in was 23 oldest was 73 ,just goes to show everyone gets issues of all descriptions at some time ,regardless of ones age .

When eye test done ,Id then run what you've said about these headaches to her/him .Dont think anything for concern as to your age for one minute xx

• Posted

I know. My doctor always says I'm to young to get cancer but ovs there's a chance at any age I kept saying. Today my anxiety has been really bad as I've got a sore on my tongue and I've asked 3 family members if an mri scan will pick up tongue cancer . I'm so freaked out but I always feel bad as there's people that has cancer and fighting against . I'm just a 26 year with mental issues . Everyone says I've gone mentally unstable since I lost my baby . I know I should move forward x hope your ok
    • Posted

Hi ,you haven't mental issues ,it's just stress in relation to you ,I suffer from anxiety ,but I know it down to an illness I had ,Im in the process of having my thyroid checked out ,see if it's that causing this anxiety ,sore in the mouth is and can be a vit deficiency ,simply just that nothing else ,look at your diet .

Take no heed to people's comments ,call that ignorance on their part 

Your be simply just fine ,your look back at this time ,and think ,I went through all that for nothing ,because it will be all okay .xx

• Posted

MRI scans do pick up any tumours and cancers. I have had an MRI scan recently and mine has show lots of abnormal changes in the frontal lobes of my brain.

I booked in for a full eye examination before i had the scan as the opticians can see alot through your eyes for the brain. My friend ended up finding out she had swelling 2 the brain and had stents put in and that was only spotted thorugh an eye examination.

I am seeing a neuro surgeon on monday to find out what MRI results mean and whats caused the abnormal changes. Im so glad i have had the MRI otherwise i wouldnt havent known

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply . I hope your results are good news .xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.