Blood shot crusty eye???HELP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 18 years old and living at uni which makes all of this a bit more daunting but about 2 days ago whilst drunk I accidentally poked myself in the eye with a metal pole (hilarious I know) and it was fine except obviously hurting as expected.

Last night it start to go a bit red at the top of my actual eyeball almost like it was bleeding but wasn't obvious so I didn't think anything of it.

This morning my flat mate came into my room and was shocked at my eye and said that all of it was red and as described above, and there was was a yellow crust on my lower lash line. He said it was really awful and if I looked in the mirror I would scare myself. Now I daren't look in the mirror and am wondering what is wrong with me. Is this part of the healing process or should I go to the doctor? I'm a massive hypochondriac but I'm worried it's something serious. My vision hasn't been at all affected.

PLEASE HELP

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophie,

I suggest you go to your nearest A&E department and get an eye doc to look at it.  It is better to get the proper treatment as early as possible.  This DOESNT mean it is something serious but you dont want it to get any worse.  Hope you get sorted okay.

• Posted

sophie, have a Doctor look at it. or if you have first aid/medical person in the uni compiund.  alternatively u could give 111 a ring if in the UK.
  • Posted

Go A & E. Don't delay.

Your eyes are the most precios part of your body and so easily damaged.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.