Suicidal thoughts

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I have recently been diagnosed with BPD and I have very bad suicidal thoughts.  Any suggestions on how to get rid please?  I have tried distracting and keeping active but they always return.  Don't like them, don't want them, scared.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What helped me was to find favorite encouraging quotes and read them when I was getting bad thoughts. There's great ones in the bible too! I believe that everyone is put on this earth for a purpose, find your purpose!!
  • Posted

Dear Mami,

Trying to distract yourself in my experience helps only to a certain point. It's important not to act on these thoughts, but also to try and see what they really are trying to tell you. A chat with a health professional you trust can do wonders. When I was in a crisis like yours I started to get better when I realiseded that those suicidal thoughts were really a desperate cry for help. What would you really like more of in your life?

Hope this helps. Take heart, there's always hope!

• Posted

Thank you for your replies.  Thoughts still there.  Life is so cruel.  Really need to die.  Can't go on like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.