Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had these symptoms for about a year now but they have started to get worse and I could do with some help on how to control them                     

1i get the runs at least 1a week and can not hold myself which is making it hard to go anywhere 

2 really bad cramps that make me feel sick 

3 constipation that can last for days and if I take anything it goes the other way and I am bad for days then

4really bad wind that is bad my stomach blows up like a balloon and the sounds that come from it are really bad 

is there anything I can do is it ibs well the doctor help if I go or is it a waste of time 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you been diagnosed with IBS?  If not, you need to go to the doctor.  Unfortunately, it may take some time for IBS to be identified if that is what's causing your symptoms.  Other things will need to be ruled out first because  there are so many conditions that mimic irritable bowel.  It took me three and a half months and eight doctors before I was told I had IBS.  
  • Posted

Hi, have you tried over the counter remedies? If yes and they havent worked or eased the pains then it would book a gp appt, as has been mentioned ibs is one of those things that is almost undiagnosable but the symptoms can be treated for most people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.