Withdrawal symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm on withdrawal and I'm almost there, I'm taking it very slow, however the last week I'm very aware of my pulse, it feels like it's really thumping hard in my chest! Is this part of withdrawal?? TIA

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure, I didn't do this. But I did do this before I took any medications, as it was part of my anxiety. Are you on any other medications? Do you feel this could be anxiety? It seems possible, since you stopped taking the venlafaxine.
  • Posted

Last year I went off too quickly and had severe withdrawal symptoms.  Yes, there were times I could feel heart palps, and when I took my blood pressure and pules, my BP was higher than normal for me (top number) and my pulse was around 99 without doing much!  I remember my pulse being taken at the dentist and the nurse remarking how high my pulse was. I didn't realize it at the time, but pretty sure this was WD.
    • Posted

Hi, thank you for your reply and reassurance, I think you are right as this always starts around the same time everyday. I will however mention to my GP next time! It is frightening and worrying though! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.