Started Xenical (Orlistat) 3 days ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI, started Xenical 120mg 3 days ago (currently day four). I have been sticking to fat free or low fat items and taking a multi vitamin..... First 2 days I had diarhea when I ate too much fat but havent had any sumptoms since.... is this a good sign? I have already lost 4.3 pound

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

that is a great weight loss, but you do not have to eat fat free, if there is no fat in the diet then there is *nothing* for the Xenical to syphon off !

I use regular salad dressing on salads, cheeseburgers & cheese toast sandwiches.  If you go too low on fat, you will be constantly hungry.

I have low fat yogurt, not fat free again let the xenical deplete the fat

that was in the yogurt, if you have too many trips to the bathroom keep some Immodium handy, lol !

• Posted

Hi Mary53515. I have been trying to keep fat under 15g per meal in total. (each lunch and dinner). I have noticed the past day I have been going to the toilet but normally..... should that be right? So I should have at least a 'little' over the limit or perhaps have something like butter on toast or something to give it a kick so the Xenical can actually do something. I thought the aim was not too but I will give it a try tomorrow. wink
  • Posted

that is great that your bowels are working normaly, this has been the case with me too after a bit the body seems to adjust & those bathroom runs diminish except when i do go overboard (ice cream) THAT results in plenty of orange LOL.  In my case if I eat fat free then I always am hungry, so I do better with more traditional eating & I try to cut carbs as my sandwiches are only one slice of bread, no rice or corn, too starchy

i do have potato, but only 3 times per week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.