11 months after scarf....

Posted , 5 users are following.

well it's almost a year, I still have problems first thing in the morning, getting the toe to bend. The joint is still deeper than before, the bunion has gone but  the joint is deeper. This is not good for shoes, court shoes for best are  nowhere to be found, I keep looking. The joint is still numb but painful. I have to be very careful what shoes  I wear. I'm having to get a size larger and putting a  insole in the other shoe.  Only low heels still. Sad sad.  Let's hear from you 11 month scarf people..... How are you doing?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anita

sorry, I'm bilateral lapidus, 10 months on and still in lace ups, doc martins and caterpillar boots, may I add, looking very comfortable, but not really sexy!

i threw out many pairs of my favourites the other day, a very sad moment, and yes, I still have my court shoes, but, haven't got a clue where they are, a bit nervous of looking for them then passing them off to the charity shops.

I still need the exercises to help in the morning and the wiggling around, scars are still quite tender.

one thing I have noticed, is that my feet are never cold, they used to get very cold during the winter months, but so far - no ice blocks, very strange.

still not perfect yet, very tempting to put lots of explectives in here.

caroline

• Posted

Anita/Caroline

I am 10 months further on from my double bunion op and still in pain but only on the left foot. The big toe doesn't go down to the floor and i'm having the screw removed next week to stop it rubbing as I walk which hopefully helps things. No chance of dainty shoes going anywhere near, i'm still in lace up pumps and ugg boots with a bigger insole in one side as my feet are not even now - one bigger and one fatter. I had to chuck loads of pairs of boots and shoes out last week that I know I will never be able to wear again, very sad day but just felt I needed to get rid of them so I couldn't see them any more!  I too used to get cold feet but not any more - have to stick them out from under the duvet at night and I too have to wiggle my feet and toes to get everything moving in the morning.

So I guess we are at the same stage and things can only get better.

Jackie

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I'm not getting anywhere at the moment because  on top of the same foot is a lump of arthritic bone,  giving me hell. The consultant at the same time as scarf, injected it with cortisone, this has done nothing. All the foot is hurting  any movement now is painful.  Not really happy at all at the moment. I keep rubbing in ibrufen  but not really helping. It's a knock on effect  in the foot. It hurts so you don't walk right.   That upsets my back.... Hope you two are doing better than me!
  • Posted

Anita

I had my screw removed from my left foot on Friday under local which I was dreading but it didn't hurt at all, it was the injection in the under side which did!! Any way I survived and too early as still got a huge bandage on for now to see if I can walk better. Will keep you posted.

Fingers crossed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.