Rash in scalp and face

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all. I've had a rash in my scalp, down both sides behind both ears  for around 5 weeks now and it's driving me mad. Also have spots on face. I've also felt very down. GP thinks it's an allergic reaction. Wife did change washing powder and we changed too a powder which is dermatology tested and for sensitive skin. I began to feel better, not sure if this was in my head, however the rash is still there. I was prescribed diprobase for my face and bento ate for my scalp. Both burn when I apply. It seems to keep it from getting worse but certainly not getting better. I'm seeing GP again Friday. Any ideas what I should ask to use? Should I demand to see a Dermatologist? I need to rid myself of this awful illness

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ask for 20 mg. of prednisone for four days and 10 mg. for three days thereafter.  If that does not do the trick, I would ask to be referred to a dermatologist.  If your insurance is anything like my HMO, though, it is going to be a fight to get anything done.  Good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks for the quick response and I will certainly ask. Have you any idea what it may be? I have researched a few sites and a type of dermatitis or eczema seems likely
  • Posted

It is probably an allergic reaction.  If so, the prednisone should take care of it.  If you have any Zyrtec on hand, try that now until you see the doctor on Friday.
    • Posted

Thanks my friend, I have some Piriton, is that similar to Zyrtec?
    • Posted

I have no idea.  Contact your chemist and ask or try a google search.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.