Please someone help am unable to find what is wrong with my digestive system

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone...

I have been having occasional loose bowels like once or twice in a week soon after having morning bowel this urge for loose bowel goes away as the day passes and repeats the next day. This has been happening with me for over 2 years. I have ignored it as I thought its just a allergy or feeling because it was occasional and generally used to go away as the day passes. For the past three months I am going through horrible phase of my life. As I had anal fissure doctors confirmed it with sigmoidoscopy and it has healed but post fissure I have been experiencing tightness in anal region, itching discomfort if I sit or walk for longer times, burning after bowels. These all becomes unbearable when I have those occassional loose bowels which I have been having for the last two years. Please any one help me as am unable to understand what is wrong with my digestive system. Even the stool is sometimes appearing not in normal color like dark brownish or sometimes mixed with normal color. I have visited many doctors but none have successfully treated me. I am worried a lot. Am staying in Kuala Lumpur please someone let me know what is the disorder am having if you have faced or going through the same conditions.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have been having occasional loose bowels like once or twice in a week soon after having morning bowel this urge for loose bowel goes away as the day passes and repeats the next day. This has been happening with me for over 2 years. I have ignored it as I thought its just a allergy or feeling because it was occasional and generally used to go away as the day passes.

For the past three months I am going through horrible phase of my life. As I had anal fissure doctors confirmed it with sigmoidoscopy and it has healed but post fissure I have been experiencing tightness in anal region, itching, discomfort in anal region if I sit or walk for longer times, burning after bowels. Occasional feelings of stomach flushes usually this ends with loose bowels. Pain in anus becomes unbearable when I have those occassional loose bowels. Am unable to understand what is wrong with my digestive system. Even the stool is sometimes appearing not in normal color like dark brownish or sometimes mixed with normal color. I have to strain frequently for bowels. have visited many doctors but none have successfully treated me. I am worried a lot. I have pain while urination also. I also have uncomfortable feeling in lower abdomen especially the left side below the ribs even though its not painful but am getting disturbed. I have taken urine test, hemogram in august everything was normal and I have no sugar or bp.

I have had a sedentary lifestyle and I used to eat a lot of outside food I feel that my food habits have put me in this situation.

• Posted

You may have developed an intolerance to certain foods. Your problem sounds very much like mine and nobody could find out the problem. Even had my gall bladdder removed!      Eventually discovered I am intolerant to lactose so anything dairy I try my hardest to avoid. Cheese is the worst,followed by yoghurt,butter and milk.   Your intolerance could be certain fruits etc. Try cutting out different items of your diet over 2 weeks and see if it makes a difference.

What colour is the stool? If yellowish it could be a gall bladder problem.

Do you drink alcoholic drinks?  If so,try cutting them out of your diet.   Only eliminate one thing at a time so you can identify the culprit . Sometimes these bowel problems are dificult to diagnose but this is something you can do before  getting involved in medical investigations.  Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks marina for ur comments. I sometimes see dark color shades on stool I don't clearly know what it is. Am going for colonoscopy this week I hope there is nothing serious. Am scared a lot for what might show up in test that is life threatening. The doctor has asked me to get ultra sound test done once and it revealed something shocking I never imagined that the bladder is not emptying completely for some reason after urination. Other than this blood and urine is fine no sign of thyroid. Doctor has also told me that the cholesterol is a bit low.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.