1 month almost up!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I can't say for sure what my real starting weight was. The day I went to the docs I was pre period bloated (I gain quite a few in that time) and I had ate earlier, my clothes weren't exactly light either.

However I came in at 246 according to their scales and I am now 18lbs lighter. :o Pretty incredible given my mental health problems restrict me in a lot of ways. Still got a week to go so hopefully I lose a bit more!

Thrilled though, I had to lose 5% of my weight in 3 months to stay on them and I've lost over that on the first month! I have the full 3 month prescription as well so I have no worries about getting weighed and being told a different story at the docs like can often happen. Still got a fair bit to go but if things keep up (I can only pray haha) then I'll be where I want to be in no time.

Pearl barley has been my best friend throughout this month and I super recommend it. It's like rice but much healthier in cals and fat and a few others I forget haha.

Hope this boosts some spirits as I often come on here looking for something to remind me to keep going when things seem a little glum. smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi issues92

Wow your weightloss so far is amazing , i have been on orlistat for 8weeks now and have nost nowhere near that amount , can you give me any advice or recipe ideas

• Posted

Aw I'm sorry Nicola, I went through that about a year ago when I went on it first time, I did lose a bit but then not much happened. Bit worried it'll do that again but I'm sticking through it.

I can't offer much advice, my diet isn't up to scratch with most peoples as I have some severe texture aversion problems and can't eat lots of things most people can (I can only get some veg in my diet through smoothies otherwise I'll be violently sick.) Not only that but I'm pretty poor so I can't buy a lot of variety on top of the aversion issue.

I've regularly been having cheerios, knorr chicken noodle soup with some chicken thrown in so it's a bit more filling. I add cayenne pepper so the heat makes it feel more filling too.  

I have a nutribullet so I have smoothies quite a bit too. Usually a lot of spinach with berries and oranges, maybe some carrots if I have any. 

Again pearl barley has been my best friend for dinners and that. There's 80 calories per 25g which when cooked swells up a lot so I usually put about 60g uncooked on the scale. Then I pop it in a pot, fill it with plenty of water and let it cook on high heat for 15-20 mins.  I can't remember the fat per 100g but it's very little, definitely within our allowed range cuz I was overjoyed about it.

It's very much like white rice I think, so if you're not sure what to do recipe wise just google rice recipes. I've made it with various different sauces, stocks. I add some chicken pieces into it and it's always very delicious and filling. 

Honestly my diets nowhere near perfect and I do go over my fat because I am so restricted but I'm mostly doing my best and it's paying off. I think some of my sauces are probably too oily and that but I'm still doing much better than I would be without this stuff.

I've got a fitbit charge HR now too which has been really motivating and makes me feel a lot more in control of everything. It lets me see steps walked, calories burned, heart rate, stairs climbed etc. It has a great smartphone app which keeps me informed and happy. Along with eating barley it's the most helpful thing for me, I can't be without it now.

I hope this is somewhat helpful to you and I'm sorry I can't offer more advice lovely. x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply issues92

I to have purchased a fitbit charge hr and i think its fab its linked to my iphone5 , thanks for your advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.