Isit possible to have polycystic ovary when I have regular periods?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have regular periods.. Mostly 30 to 31 days. Recently after a check up and scan, my doctor claims that I have polycystic ovary. My question is isit possible to have polycystic ovary when I have regular periods? Isit possible to have periods without egg being produced ?... Feeling very much confused. Pls help.

Thanks in advance. smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is possible to have PCOD and have normal periods although this would be unusual. One way to sort this out would be for you to have some hormonal assays.
    • Posted

Thank you Mr. Andrew.

Well, hormone testes were done and there seems to be an imbalance it seems.

My confusion is that (if I'm not wrong) for people with PCOD, eggs are not produced... My doubt is .. Isit possible to have periods without eggs being produced.

Pls forgive my ignorance. I would really like to know what's happening inside me.

• Posted

Hi I have been told I have pcos last week and have had hormone tests done to see if I ovulate. I have period's each month but at different times and some very light and some very heavy however I have also only been off ocp for 10 month so my Dr said it could be still side effects off that. He also said you can have ovulation with no period and a period with no ovulation. Am confused myself hoping for more answers at my next appointment it's the waiting that's the hard part!

Best of luck x

• Posted

Hi Emily,

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago now and I have regular periods 95% of the time. The only time I miss a period is when my body is extremely run down, a part from that they are pretty much regular.

It's difficult to pin point symptoms for everyone, as all PCOS suffers experience different things. Although, once you've had all your tests it should give you a clear picture.

J

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.