Groin tightness After Inguinal Hernia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

I had laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia sugery on 26th Oct 2015 in both left and right side. Now i want to know that after 16 days of hernia surgery i am feeling some tightness or discomfort in left groin while sitting. I want to know is this normal? 

Thanks

with Kind regards,

Vikas Kakkar

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sorry for wrong dat...i was operated on 26 SEP 2015
    • Posted

Ok. Have u seen the dr? This surgery i had 2 yrs ago, which i recently found out it was not the right surgery, i still have extreme tightness in entire area, which is my left side going around to shoulder blade.
    • Posted

yes i had a dicussion with my dr...he is saying that this will remain for 1.5 months......but i am scared... :-(
  • Posted

Quite normal. Plenty of people write that it gets worse and worse over time. That's not a prediction or meant to scare. It's just what I read.

Depending on your age, don't do the things you did before you had the hernia. I blew out my mesh repair by lugging a really heavy suitcase onto a ferry and then a train. Now I'm on watch and wait, and doing yoga. (I've cosulted with my surgeon on this). Surprisingly, it hurts a LOT less now than it did before. 

• Posted

I had this hernia because of GYM...rite now m not doing gym....only walking......in what time after surgery you feel less pain?
  • Posted

today is October 12th, 2015, the 26th is bout 3 weeks from now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.