Paleo diet

Posted , 3 users are following.

Heather & James, Please look at the Paleo diet. It is really helpful! Contrary to current thinking, fat is NOT our enemy, sugar is. Go for full fat, but no sugar. (sugar substitutes are poison, btw) When I went cold turkey I had rubber legs for several weeks, but I am free now and must remain that way unless I want to get sick again.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Im not afraid of fat (I'd just love to eat it in the firm of cake..haha) & I don't use any artificial sweeteners. Tried to find a happy medium between Palo and leaky gut diet but there are some very clear differences. One says no fermented foods & the other wants you to eat more fermented foods. (That's just one example) I am personally hoping to eat as much whole foods as I can and if I remain gluten free that I will have no problems with having something at a party and not have an issue. It is very hard wrapping my head around food restrictions even though I have a son with food allergies. For me it's never been an issue and I have never linked it to my hives....until I found this forum! So helpful!!!
  • Posted

Heather, sounds like you have done some good research. Hurray for the internet!!
  • Posted

Good suggestion, GingerCat. I am on a semi-Paleo diet. I still eat some grains like rice and oats. And some potatoes. But I'm trying to get much more towards proteins instead of carbs. My problem is I'm not such a big fan of veggies! But I'm trying. And +1 on the fats. I don't worry about fats at all. They're actually good for you. It's the sugar and carbs that are the enemy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.