Daily headaches...

Posted , 3 users are following.

All,

I have been struggling for years with daily headaches. Typically I will wake up in the morning with a headache  and it remains with me for most of the morning. (The pain is across my forehead)

I have tried all sorts....

Making sure I am hydrated - Drinking plently of water

Cutting back on caffeine - 2 coffees a day only

Good quality sleep

Wearing a gum shield at night to prevent teeth grinding

Regular exercise

Glasses/Eye test

My job is fairly stressful and I sit in front of a screen all day at work. There is a possibility this perhaps responsible?

I have been to my GP and was referred to a neurologist. Following a MRI scan everything checked out all OK.

One worth I noticed this year, is the headaches worsened as soon as the weather started to get colder??

Any advice or help would be much appreciated... Thank you all!

Dean

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Dean, horrible isn't it. It sounds so similar to how I used to suffer, caused mainly by tension,  I used to take paracetamol etc 2/3 a day, eventually taking cocodomol. After years without any improvement I went to dr for something else completely and dr discovered my liver reading was very very high caused by taking meds for my bad heads.  I was made to desist from taking any paracetamol at all, managing on 1 dose of ibruphon at night only. Guess what headaches mainly disappeared,  paracetamol being the cause of them.  

Dont nut know if this diatribe is relevant to you,but worth a go. Nothing worse than constant headaches you have my sympathy. Good luck. 

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. smile Last night for the 1st time I took 2 x Ibuprofen tablets just before I went to bed and I woke up this morning with no headache! smile

I dont really want to rely on taking Ibuprofen daily, however this has made a significant difference, but doesn't fix the root cause. Interesting! I might test taking 1 dose of Ibuprofen for the next week before sleep just to see how it improves things as a trial.

Thanks again!

• Posted

Hello Dean, look at the Migraine Trust website. If you have daily headaches then you have a health problem that needs to be taken seriously. Perhaps check the way you sit at your desk because bad posture can also cause problems. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.