Banding of haemorrhoids/mucosal prolapse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone had this old fashioned procedure to ease discomfort in anus possibly due to prolapse issues. 

Would like to be able to attempt successful pelvic floor and anal exercises prior to consideration of full blown surgeries.

Any successful stories out there?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No I have seen three doctors who have looked up my bum hole and given me creams to apply in the morning and evening and after I've been to the loo. They work for a while and then the itching comes back. I would like to try a different treatment.
    • Posted

Peter,

Heres my advice.

i don't know how long you've had your symptoms for..

You may need some banding.

As yet I have not had this procedure.

i have predominately prolapse symptoms causing pressure with my pelvic floor.  Men can also have prolapse.

HALO is another procedure but initial banding will give you information on whether HALO surgery will work.

All the best

• Posted

Sandra I'm new in the forum discussion, my name is Khris.

I've had pain while sitting for nearly two years. Traveling is excruciating and sitting at my office job equally miserable.

Many injections, nerve blocks, pain medications, oral, as well as internal and topical ointments.

Diagnosed with rectal prolapse and coccyxidnia. I've also had a broken tailbone.

I am currently seeing a pelvic floor therapist. Would you like for me to send you copies of the exercises she's given me to do between appointments?

• Posted

HI Khris,

Thanks for that.

Have sent you a private message too.

Sandra

• Posted

This may not be related but my IBS was causing hemroid issues. I found that if I avoid orange juice or tomato sause, the burning stops. He also recommended putting some petroleum jelly on my little finger and insert it into the anus. It sure helped and stopped the sensation I was having that seemed like my anus was going to prolapse. This may be different however than what you are experiencing. I also be sure to wash in th shower after every time I have diarrhea.
    • Posted

James,

Thanks for the Vaseline suggestion.

I often do that when I get a bit sore.

Just eases the soreness a little because I also have loose bowel motions now.

Many doctors say you have IBS.

If you bleed loads and have constipation may be worth a colorectal assessment.

Probably worth a colorectal assessment.

Well prob 80% of the population has some IBS related symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.