Frozen shoulder MUA

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have been dealing with frozen shoulder now for 4 months and going in morning for MUA. I am scared to death and crying . My fear is that it will break. Who has had this and were you scared? How long was recovery? ( I should not have watched those videos) 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had rotator cuff repair etc June 15th. On Sept 14th I had mua for frozen shoulder. I was very scared, but it was the best thing I could have done! My arm hurt so bad before I had it done. I had a nerve block. When it wore off I expected to be in horrible pain and I wasnt. Compared to post rotator cuff surgery it's a piece of cake))..I hope this helps ease your mind.
    • Posted

Tyvm it's painful but not near as bad as I freaked my self out for it to be. The nerve block is amazing and sadly wearing off now lol.
  • Posted

somewhere on here is my final update, you will be fine, you'll have plenty of pain relief and after 6 months from the MUA I am pretty much back to normal. It will get better, listen to your body, do the exercises but always stop when your body tells you not your physio!
  • Posted

I have been dealing with this for a yr now, had capsulitus realease on June 2,2015. the Dr said he nearly had to pull my arm outta place to get the camera in Still suffering had to have mua with a steroid and nerve block injections on the 13 of Oct pain has eased up but still am unable to put my hand behind my back I have been in therapy since June 3 I wish you all the best
  • Posted

Ladybug, relax. MUA is nothing and of course you are asleep and when you wake you should have a nerve block with no pain and very little pain there after. You will probably of had it done the time you have read this message and wonder why you got so stressed. Hope your recovery goes well. 
  • Posted

Hi and Ty everyone for replies. I didn't chicken out and had it done. They said it was one of the worst they have seen. I got though my firstaggresive therapy thins morning with nerve block still working. He was able to get it to 180 woohoo,! The block is wearing off now and I feel sore but not like ti thought at all. They also gave me some heavy meds. It was so nice having a great nights sleep that I haven't had in 3 months. Now to push through the next 2 weeks of therapy and staying positive . Again, Ty so much for your replies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.