Pregnant with pcos

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I've had pcos since 2007. & I've recently lost 5st in weight & after 9yrs of trying have found out I'm pregnant. I'm now 9weeks. Bit I've read so much scary stuff about being pregnant with pcos online I'm so scared. My midwife told me she doesn't see me as high risk or in need of early scan or check up or anything. I'm worried sick with 3wksbstill till my 1st scan. Should I get a second opinion?. I don't want to be a nuisance patient sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie,

Wow 5st, well done. Do you have any tips?

I lost 3st 2 yrs ago but I have put it all back on.

Congratulations!!!! I know it's easier said than done but you shouldn't stress.

If the midwife won't send you for an early scan could you not pay for a private one?

Katie

• Posted

Hi Katie smile

I've been going to slimming world for a year & half & just following the eating program religeiosly, it really works.

Hmmm I didn't think of a private scan. I just hate to think I have another 3 weeks of constant worry. I'm exited & dressing it at the same time. So exited to see our baby, but soooo scared to be told something is wrong. How can there be so much negative info on the net but my midwife not think anything of it sad

She actually said to me pcos isn't linked to any problems during pregnancy 😱

• Posted

Congratulations, I know it's hard to not worry but I've had 3 pregnancies and my youngest is now 9 weeks. All of them were fine ignore what u read online as I also read that. I never had any problems only severe sickness but that has nothing to do with PCOS. Relax and if you do want piece of mind pay for private scan.

Congratulations once again

Carrie 😄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.