Pig skin mesh failure

Posted , 3 users are following.

went in hospital last year had a golf ball sized hernia in my c section scar due to me being overweight my doctor wouldn't operate I lost 3 stone and ended up having to have a partial hysterectomy while I was open and he doctor agreed to do my hernia repair. Felt so good the first week then the second week became ill I had a massive American football shaped collection which I had to have a drain fitted had so many problems with this the nurses said they had never seen anything like this, then two weeks after that I walked into my local a an e very poorly ended up haveing two pints of blood taken and morphine and an Mir scan to only find out I had Mrsa. It took 7 months for the hole from my drain to heal and to be rid of Mrsa and due to the massive collection my repair failed it's causing me daily discomfort and am becoming house bound due to feeling 12 months pregnant I don't sleep properly and have to take laxatives after every meal I'm due to see my surgeon on the 5th of November but he keeps fobbing me off saying I knew the risks and I am to heavy to do another repair but cannot physically loose weight because of my hernia which is makeing me extreamly depressed feel like I'm in a hopeless situation and don't know where to turn any advice on this would be very grateful xxx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sonia, so sorry to hear about everything you have been through , you sound like your at the end of your tether,I understand some of what you are going through I've had a abdominal insistional repair with mesh which lasted four months before a bulge appeared,  had scan surgeon said its the mesh bulging not a hernia , but they found two more hernias lower and higher abdomen , surgeon said well you didint know they where there so do you want them doing , the doc that scanned me said he didint know if it was my bowel pushing through the one hernia or if it was fat but said it could be quite dangerous , so in answer to surgeon as I have very complex medical conditions no I don't want surgery but I need to know what's bulging through so I going for ct scan on the 12 th Nov , 

have you got a good GP that you could talk to ? , because it sound like you. Need to talk to someone please don't leave it , sorry I can't be much help to you , I do understand

the frustration with surgeons I feel sometimes they think your

criticising there work , but if it's gone wrong they need to sort it and I'm underweight

and they think that could be  contributing to the problem so you can't win , I hope you get things  sorted soon  Sonia you take care of yourself 

Chris X 

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply Christine I have been to see my go but she has said the same thing that I'm overweight and he won't want to do it I have to take laxetives after every meal otherwise I am in horrendous pain and woke up yesterday with so much pain been so fed up as I see it as a catch 22 because I can't loose any weight because of the hernia it's impossible I'm on slimming world and even though I'm sticking to plan it's not working haven't actually found anything on the net saying a maximum weight for a hernia repair and just can't see why he would leave me in this state xx
  • Posted

Dear sonia74818

Have you considered medical tourism? I don't want to talk about me because this is about you but. I had an incission hernia from a spleen removal. Finally I went to Mexico from the US, paid $2,850.00 for a piece of mess and a very wonderful surgeon. Today I feel that the end to my suffering is very near. (Only had it done tuesday, oct. 20th, 2015)

If you think I could help please write back. Although married, I am lonely in life and I will celebrate complete successs with dirvorce and get back to life in every way. I pray alot so tonight is yours.

Best wishes.

Ron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.