I need advice about Uterine Firbriod

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please excuse me as am I am going to be blunt. This sucks. 2 months ago, I went to the emergency room due to heavy bleeding during my period. I thought I was going to die. While in the waiting room, I had to change my clothes 4 times. It turns out I had uterine fibroids. Non life threatening, so they sent me home to follow up with my doctor. I did 3 days later. They sent me home and made an appointment for Nov 10th. Since the er, I haven't been able to control my bladder. I have to wear pads 24//7. Until I started my period again (current) and once again, super heaving soaking through 2 pads at a time every few minutes.. not being able to walk or do pretty much anything. I feel like I can't take it. I want to go to the ER again. I am also getting extremely painful cramps. I want to cry. When I followed up with the dr, he said to watch my period for a few months. I feel like if I go, the doctors won't do anything, and tell me to take ibuprofin, like I have been. But does not work!! Advice??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

totally spelled that wrong . sorry
  • Posted

have they given you anything to slow the heavy bleeding like tranexamic acid or melfenamic  acid. This might help - could you get a doc to prescibe it, it may work. If you are in to much pain, can you not go back to the ER and be seen by a gynae. Sounds like the fibroid is pushing on your bladder, not a good position, did they give you any scans. You need to get it seen to.
  • Posted

I know your frustations. Same as me. Long waiting for appointments. Soo slow. But if u are in extreme pain, go back to the hospital and seek help. Better get scan so u will know whats the story. Dont take too much pain killers coz u might be same with me i have mild chronic gastritis. Try what Fibroidy suggested- 1 mefenamic WITH food plus 2 solpadein. Tranexmic didnt work for me.
  • Posted

It depends on how large they are and the position. Try and see if you can get esmya , it's a hormone tablet that temporarily shrinks the fibroids. I was desperate so I had to see a private gynaecologist I paid around 150 for a consultation. He scanned me then prescribed Emmys.
  • Posted

Whenever you have heavy bleeding take Shepperd's Purse (40 drops) in hot water every 30 minutes until the bleeding slows down.
  • Posted

That is serious, you should have an ultrasound or MRI to see how big the fibroids are and what's causing the bleeding.  Ultrasound is super easy to do.  Also take DIM (over the counter supplement) or Dr. prescribed estrogen blockers like Lupron to reduce your estrogens which will in turn reduce the lining/period flow and shrink the fibroid.  I had the same problem with a 9 cm fibroid and had Uterine Artery Emboization.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.