update

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. On day 11 now and doing ok but still getting zaps and strange feelings in my head. How long will this last?.

Still taking omega 3 and vitamin d and have really ramped up my intake of fish and vegetables. My weight is falling off tho and i even feel much thinner. My BP and Cholestral are normal and feel pretty pleased with myself that for the first time in 5 years i am drug free.

I had a medical this week for my proffessional driving licence which i can now get again and yet another GP denied that withdrawal from this drug can be so difficult, she actually laughed when i explained. She was the 5th different Doctor i have seen this year and all with the same attitude. My thinking is they have so many patients on Venlofaxine and other drugs who are encouraged to stay on them because the Doctors have no idea of how to get people off them.

My intention now is to stay well away from the medical centre and its inhabitants for ever.

Ian

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm on week 5 without veneflaxine. Still getting brain zaps and my stomach is in knots. Hate feeling this way. Hard when your at work trying to focus. Take the omega 3. Any suggestions for the knot in stomach anyone? X
    • Posted

Hi Elaine. You're doing very well, week 5 is excellent. Not had any stomach problems as yet. Could it be a touch of anxiety?
    • Posted

Yeah I think it is. Going to go doctors Monday to see if they can help. Any ideas what you think could help? X
  • Posted

The sheer number of postings on this forum reporting withdrawal problems with venlafaxine and the reoprts of lack of acknowledgement by the medical profession confounds me.    

The issue HAS been well known and reported for several years.

Having said that, the "brain zaps" is a new one to me before I entered this site, and I have spoken to many patients on venlafaxine.

Perhaps it is time the authorities investigated and advised prescribers.   

• Posted

I agree. Loads get these including myself. I am 5 weeks off veneflaxine but struggling now with anxiety. Going doctors Monday x
  • Posted

Ian a HUGE well done for coming of the dreaded things and for 11 days! I'm 2 months free now and everyday the brain zaps get less and less - I don't have anything w/d effects now, apart from an almighty fear of escalators now, I get all sweaty and panicky on them (not good when you work in central London and use the underground) anyway, keep at it and with the natural medication, those omega 3 tablets were a god send too me - I still take them everyday!

Also well done on loosing weight, I'm still as enormous as ever (again all because of this drug - even though my doctors dismissed this) and even on a strict controled diet where I have to see a consultant every week, my weight around my torso just isn't shifting! I'm hoping after the 3rd month mark that's when I'll start shifting the pounds and them my Venlafaxine nightmare will be well and truly over!

Keep going Ian!!!! xx

• Posted

Hi Katy

I've been off veneflaxine for 5 weeks. Felt I was doing ok. The brain zaps are better however I'm struggling with the massive knot in my stomach.

I'm going back the doctors Monday. Any ideas? I also take omega 3 x

• Posted

Hi Katy, I'm down to a tiny dose a.m. And p.m. and withdrawals are awful, head zaps and heavy pounding heart, I'm aware of it thumping all the time! Can I just ask which brand omega and how much you take please! Well done on your success! K x
    • Posted

Hi Katy.

Thank you. The weight loss is a bonus and am lucky i have lost it so quickly and am sure you will too. The Doctor i saw for my medical also denied that Venlofaxine increases weight but i am the proof. I put on 4 stones in 4 years and have lost over 2 stones in 8 months without any particular diet change.

You keep going too it will come off!

Ian

• Posted

Yes the Doctors have no idea on the withdrawal symptoms I saw Psychiatric number 2 yesterday and he doesn't believe me instead now he thinks I have a tumor on my brain any way I am on day 38 without the Effexor and just this week I saw a nice improvement,the anxiety comes and goes but I just meditate on it and gets better.Good luck everyone is hell on earth but God is good .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.