share your experience with ovarian cysts

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having lower back pain for months now not knowing whats the reason I've been trying with my physicians to rule out all possibilities now its time to see the gynecologist .. please share your experience with ovarian cysts how did you first see the symptoms and so on ? thank u 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have had 3 operations for removal of Ovarain Dermoid cysts.

The 1st set, I didn't even know that i had them. I had to have a scan for something else and that's when they found them. However with the other two, it was pain in the lower abdomen, a dull ache/burning pain. Add to that it would also swell as well

• Posted

Never knew I had mine. Just happened to find it at my yearly appt. once I knew I had one I could just feel heaviness in my pelvis.
  • Posted

hi i had pain in lower back and all the lower right side groin, ,sometimes pain made me cry,my gynecologist said it was just IBS,i said noway ,he went on holiday while i still suffered and when he returned  i said get this cyst out asap,he said ok, i went in 1 week later for surgery when i woke the next morning he was there  appoligising,as it was a dermoid tumor benign,which had twisted 3 times around right ovary,i had both ovaries removed,, so all i can say is its your body,not theres ,i wish you well i am now waiting to have womb removed now ,wish he took that as well at the same time ,hm,keep in touch be safe mags xx
  • Posted

I am just adding to my reply earlier. Have just got over a UTI but having lower back pain and pain in my lower right abdomen. I saw doc yesterday and insisted on a scan.
    • Posted

exactly what I've been through 

I'll definatly get a scan soon 

Thanks for your reply such a great help 

• Posted

Hello everyone! I just found out I have a cyst on my left ovar. A cyst that causes me an abortion. I have some back pain but only now, reading your messages i made a connection between my back pain and my cyst. I also have a problem with my hair that begin to fell out like crazy since I found out that I have the cyst. Has anyone of you have this problem ? Why is this cyst formed? next week I'm gonna see my gynecologist but until then I want to know if everyone of you had this problem or symptoms.

Have a nice and healty day!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.