Veins on the side of my head

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had migraines for about 4 years now and I am 18. They seem to be getting worse but recently I was prescribed propranolol and it worked the first week. I was feeling so much better but now it seems like the medicine is not working as effectively as it was during the first week. I am eating on time, staying away from caffeine and sleeping enough. I don't know what else to do . How do you manage your migraines and which medicines do you take which help you prevent them from coming as well as the preventive measures you take.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

oh no it was the same for me worked for 5 days.

I am on Naratritan, I try and take on the first sign of migraine, the earlier the better, however taking to many may cause overuse (which I am suffering from)

I take Magnesium and feverfew daily

someone sent me a article on Himalayan salt lime juice as a oldem day day migraine relief, I have started to take this 2 weeks, I have to say my migraines are daily but not as painful.

everyone is different check with your Dr first

see whether you can have a scan

hope this helps

• Posted

Hi, I have had bad migraines for years and tried all kinds of medication to no avail but was started on botox a year or so ago and it been transformational.  Persumably you are under the care of a neurologist and if so please discuss it with her/him.  Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi, I have been having migraines for about 6 years now, started at about age 16. I have tried propanolol too but was told that I'm too young to be taking it. Just recently a physio told me my jaw is very tight from clenching. (explains how they are often stress related). Anyway my dentist told me that you can have boots in the master muscles and this would release some of the tension likely causing headaches. Can I ask what area did you get your bored? Was it the neck or face/jaw?

Thanks smile

• Posted

Botox* not boots or bored! Silly phone autocorrect

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.