Research into consistent, daily headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys,

I've been following this site for a while now and it's crazy how my problems correlate with so many others, it's great not to be alone!

I've been experiencing headaches every day for just over 10 months now, the severity of them changes; some days are unbareable and others I can get by. I've had an MRI scan, had massages, been going to the Chiropractor, acupuncture, accupressure, meditation, been to the doctors about 50 times etc.. I'm sure you guys know the drill.

I'm 22, live quite a busy lifestyle working in a bar and as a musician gigging so I'm aware these things could contribute to my headaches but I really don't believe the cause is necessarily psychological (from anxiety, depression etc.)

I'm on amytrip, as everyone else is, just been upped to 20mg. After around 3 weeks I felt amazing that my headaches were finally shifting, literally felt like a God send but now I feel like I've lost my tolerance to them or they just simply don't work anymore.

Anyways, we've read enough situations similar to mine, we all know how frustrating it is that no one else can understand around us no matter how synmpathetic they are, how depressing and difficult it is socially and professionally to carry on. Trust me, I feel that pain.

SO

I've seen on a few posts that groups of people are working together to look towards identifying the cause and maybe a solution. I myself have been thinking strongly about this and I wanted to ask on this forum whether people would be up for completing surveys, maybe helping out with some research globally, looking at environmental factors, age, gender etc..

These are the areas I would like to study to perhaps see if we an find a common factor, I'm no academic but I have a vague background in researching (college), and I feel like the medical system is never going to deem this issue large enough to actually address. Instead of handing out antidepressents for people (who most aren't even depressed in the first place, or are as a consequence of the headaches) they should be looking for root of the problem. Every doctors I've seen has been completely stumped, none of them know.

It's interesting that many of us describe similar headaches in terms of severity and consistency, but some experience different symptoms. I have felt disorientation for the past year, pretty much every day. I get confused easily (its become a bit of a joke at work but I don't like to joke about it too much..) I can't sum up normal sentences off the tip of my tongue like I used to, its really bizarre as I was never like this. Let me know if anyone else has this issue.

If anyone could provide any information they may have found so far, groups that are researching this, or any general information on case studies or any common connections they have noticed, I would be so grateful!

We all need to stick together and find a solution!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think that's a fabulous idea. I've been taking magnesium chelated vitamin supplements, a vitamin b stress formula vitamin supplement and taking apple cider vinegar either in tablet form or a tablespoon three times a day and I'm starting to notice some relief. Apple cider vinegar is great for a number of physiological conditions. Look it up, vitamin is great to balance the nervous system. I also use natures natural anti-inflammatories. For example turmeric flaxseed chia etc. look it up. Also eating salmon and fish and foods with Omega 3 is good. Remember rhese are not miracle cure but rather habits you exercise consistently and over a short period of time your body builds protective factors over all the things that have the potential to cripple our physical

And psychological well-being. Try it.

• Posted

Hi YogaRelief,

Diet is something I had forgotten to mention! Thats really interesting about the apple cider vinegar, I'll have to give it a try.

Luckily I was brought up with a very healthy Mother who ingrained great dietary habits in me and I like to keep fit, cycling, swimming, gym etc.

This is why this issue was a bit of a shock for me as I've always considered myself pretty healthy!

I definitely think that it has a role though, I'll make sure to keep those ideas down you've mentioned.

I've just recently started cutting out caffeine and cutting down on alcohol but it's so difficult!

• Posted

You may nerve damage in the spine or disc. Have you tried Isometheptene? I too have been with headaches constantly and my neurologist gave me this medicine yesterday. And it has relieved me from the pain, she also prescribed me a steroid called "Methylprednisolone". I'm feeling much better.

But we'll see if it works.

• Posted

My kids 15 (male ) same thing see a shrink take vit d and magnesium oxide supplements .his primary Doctor blows him off and he's becoming defeated .a neurologist incleveland clinic told him its stress . What stress ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.