Questions for sufferers

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys. About three months ago I got some blood work after being irregular and having random bats of diarrhea and the doctor said "celiac disease". Since then I have been gluten free, but still have some struggles. Now to confirm celiac I have to have an endoscopy which is no big deal but my lovely insurance company dropped me and I have to wait til one can start back up to get that done, but I do have a distant aunt that has this and I just wanted to see if maybe this sounds familiar:

HORRIBLE stabbing pains above my belly button that coincides with about an hour on the toilet. Its happened over ten times and each time has been past 9pm, usually 4am in the morning. That is my main problem even being gluten free. Also, I didnt have these pains before I went gluten free, just seems like theyre coming more often the longer I go on. Thanks for any help, just going insane trying to manage through college and this

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like your bowels goes into spasms when you use toilet. Do you have both diarrhea and lumpy bits? If you do you may suffer with constipation. It's consistent soup like consistency it's true diarrhea. You can try buscopan for spasms. It may be ibs?. Look it up. Diverticulitis is consistent once it's starts. Pain is there all the time. Diverticular disease on other hand is stabbing at times. In general it's below belly buttons on left though. It can move however. I get it below ribs too.
  • Posted

Are you sure. not your Gall bladder.?
  • Posted

Hey guys. I initially was told about six years ago "IBS" but I think it was just anxiety (was diagnosed by telling the doctor my symptoms only). And I sometimes wonder about gallbladder because my mom, sister, and grandmother always had to have theirs removed at a young age. I just usually am up with diarrhea when It happens and its not soupy, more like ....cottonish? If that makes sense. Its just challenging dealing with this and collete
    • Posted

College*

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.