my 7 year old stepped on my foot 5 weeks post op

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am now 7 weeks post op after having bunions removed on both feet at the same time. I am 32 years old female and got the bunions from bad genes sad

My recovery has been ok, my feet are still swollen and I can't walk "like a normal person" I walk slow and everyone can see like I had some surgery on my feet.

The thing is 2 weeks ago my 7 year old stepped really hard on my right foot, the pain I can't desribe it, I for sure thought my foot would be ruined... 

My left foot is healing much better, in my right big toe I always have a little pain "inside" the toe... and it is more swollen than the other foot..

I guess I am wondering what are the chances that something is ruined ? Don't you all think that if something did go wrong after this incident l would know it ? The right foot is more swollen so I am hoping that it will recover but is just a little slower than the other one.. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'd get an X-ray asap to make sure. Best of luck!
  • Posted

I agree, to put your mind at ease, you should ask for an xray.  Have you talked to your Dr.  to see what he thinks? If it would have caused a problem with your recovery?
    • Posted

Thank you,

Yes wrote him an email, I was hoping that he would see me, but he called me and told me like if it was all messed up I would have already been to the ER and he wouldn't even do an emergency surgery to fix it due to swelling so I would always have to wait for the swelling to go down...

I just really hope it will be ok smile

• Posted

Elevate and ice it a lot then. Hopefully all is okay! Sending my best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.