Subconjunctival hemorrhage in eye

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have recurrent sub conjunctival hemorrhages in my eyes.  It happens a few times a year usually in the same place in the same eye.  Eye doctors have not been able to help.  My bloodwork is normal and I do not take blood thinners or any other medication.  I have some sun damage on eye surface and my eyes tend to be dry.  The hemorrhages usually clear in 2 to 3 days,  but the last one covered nearly entire eye and took 3 weeks to resolve.  Has anyone faced a similar problem and found success eliminating it?  I am very frustrated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I know about frustration!  please do not give up on Doctors, keep trying to find one to see what is going on.  i had 5 doctors and still no help but i am still positive i will find one.  take pictures of your eyes to show the dr what is going on, go to a eye surgeron he might be your best bet to see what is happening

• Posted

Hi,

I have had the same problem and have gone to several doctors (opthamologists) and they have ordered blood tests and even an MRI of the eye and neck, all results were negative. I am going to a new doctor in January who comes highly recommended so I am hoping for some results. If some movie star had this problem there would already be a cure for it. I hope you get better.

Kind Regards, Lou  

• Posted

Pharmacist experience says - if your bloods and health are ok - 

Try suppliment  Vitamin-K .. Also Zinc .. 

this can be via Tablets or natural foods -

Also prolonged computer work or tv watching has apocryphal causation..

• Posted

Raising the pressure inside the conjunctival veins also can cause a hemorrhage. This can occur with lifting heavy objects. The use of alcohol or certain drugs that thin the blood (such as anticoagulants, aspirin, and ibuprofen) can contribute to a subconjunctival hemorrhage. Most of the time, an obvious cause is not found. These can just happen. Only rarely is it ever associated with high blood pressure or other bleeding problem. Usually, this is unilateral, but could present bilaterally.
    • Posted

Vit-K is made by gut bacteria naturally - therefore

Prolonged  ( more than a week ) or repeated antibiotic courses may theoretically deplete Vitamin K- ( consume live uncooked yoghurt and cheese to replenish ) - predisposing to S.C.H.

Raw eggs may also bind vitamin K - (yuck).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.