agoraphobia anxiety depression panic attacks pip

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi im new to this just wondering if there is light at the end of the tunnel i have suffered from agoraphobia panic attacks and depression for many years but had shown some inprvement over the years but the past 18 months have been hell im on mirtazapine promethazine lophepramine amertryptaline and good old diazapam.  i put in for pip 12 monthes ago and am due for a domisilary hearing on tuesday my panic is through the roof even though its going to in my own home im terrified there will be 9 people in my home has anyone else had a domisillary hearing would like to know what its like 

thankyou

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Because anxiety disorders are a group of related conditions rather than a single disorder, they can look very different from person to person. One individual may suffer from intense anxiety attacks that strike without warning, while another gets panicky at the thought of mingling at a party. Someone else may struggle with a disabling fear of driving, or uncontrollable, intrusive thoughts. Yet another may live in a constant state of tension, worrying about anything and everything.

Despite their different forms, all anxiety disorders share one major symptom: persistent or severe fear or worry in situations where most people wouldn’t feel threatened.

agoraphobia anxiety depression panic attacks pip

• Posted

thankyou for comment thats exactly how i feel afraid of 9 people its sound s so silly to some people but to me who is anxiousall the time anyway its my idea of hell 
    • Posted

Hi buddy,

It sounds terrifying but I'm hoping this scenario is better than you having to go somewhere more formal for the meeting. Is there anyone who can be there to support you? I'm assuming those people coming to your home have strict guidelines they must adhere to and should be well-practised at putting people at their ease. Don't be afraid to let them know exactly how you are feeling and take a break if you need to. I'm sure you know all this practical stuff in your head but your emotions are in overdrive at the moment. Have you had any counselling or therapy to help your manage your anxiety? Thinking of you and believing that your strength will help you through this experience. See you on the other side. Let us know how you get on. very best wishes,

Digsby

• Posted

thankyou so much for reply i have  someone from cab and my partner there and im still compleatly terrified.  ive only started getting help for my illness this year ive been like this for nearly 9 years and its helping my cpn great everything at the moment is babysteps and medication . will let you know how it goes thanks again for words of encoragement. 
    • Posted

Good - I'm relieved to hear that that are people in your corner supporting you. I know it will still be an ordeal but you have a healthy attitude (baby steps) and you are doing your BEST which is all anyone can ask of you. The important thing is the here and now (we can't change anything that happened in the past). You are seeking the help that you need now and showing bravery in the face of extreme adversity. Keep going buddy. Thinking of you tomorrow :-)
  • Posted

well i had my pip appeal at home yesterday thank god its done i felt like i was on trial for murder pointless question after pointless question eg when you go to the shop canyou pay for milk im agoraphobic as stated in the many bits of medical evidence thathave been provided for you and as for the mobolity question i fit the description for enhanced mobility cannot leave the house without another person the judge as much as said what do you need the mobility side for you wont use it you dont leave the house i didnt think that was quite the point i have severe nerve damage and have to sometimes under great pyscolocigal distress and lots of diazapam attend the hospital appointments for scans which cannot be done at home i do not know there desision yet but really am not holding my breath i feel totally drained from it what a pointless waste of a year pip and dwp need to catch up people with mental health problems should have the same rights as anyone else sorry for rant 
    • Posted

It's OK to rant and this is the perfect place to do it because those who read it will appreciate your frustration & sympathise with you. Well done for getting through your ordeal. Whenever bureaucracy meets an individual struggling with health issues, the situation will come across as cold and formal. Makes you wonder whether anyone's read the paperwork when they ask pointless questions. They certainly don't try and put themselves in your position to assess what daily life must be like. Don't worry - it's behind you now. Do something to take your mind off it. Take care my friend.

Digsby

• Posted

got pip results standard rate daily living no mobility even rhough i clearly fit the cannot leave the housh without another person which would have scored a twelve my cab rep is requesting a statement of reasons for upper tribunaral as he says its not right but what can i do want to give up 12 months of hell dont think i can do anymore not worth it
    • Posted

Sorry about the disappointing outcome buddy. It's a blow after the courage you've shown getting to this point. But please don't give up! Your CAB rep will help with the appeal when you feel ready. It must be hard for your partner to see you suffering these setbacks - don't give them a massive setback to endure without you! Life is about team-work: although we all must play the hand we are dealt, we do meet people who are playing the game with us. The comaraderie and support we give and receive makes it worthwhile. A year ago I had a psychiatric assessment and the Crisis Response Team were in daily contact with me. Since then I've lost my job and a few friends along the way. If you give up now then I'll feel like giving up too :-(

Hang in there mate and see what tomorrow brings ;-)

Your brother-in-arms, Digsby

• Posted

please dont give up im not going to im thinking of takeing it further my cab rep says go for it and he thinks i will win in higher court.im sorry that you are having such a ba time also its times like this that you do find out who your true friends are people tend to jump ship when it comes to mental health because they cant deal with it they dont seem to think how we feel and what we deal with every ay thankyou for your support with this you have been a great help take care and i will let you know what i decide and if its worth the risk of loseing the whole thing.
    • Posted

OK mate - thanks - I'll keep going if you do ;-)

Just don't rush anything. There may be a deadline for the appeal but if your rep can take some pressure off you at the moment, let them. Be gentle on yourself and try to distract yourself from all those negative thoughts and feelings. Keep in touch. Big man-hug ;-)

• Posted

thought i would give an update i have decided to go to the next level of my appeal for the mobility my CAB rep thinks i have a good chance and someone has to challange this new benifit just wish it wasnt me.  I am hopeing to do this via paper i i do not think i could cope wih another hearing but we shall see heres to another year of paper work and stress just the thought of it sends my anxiety through the roof hope i am strong enough to do it all over again with the chance i could lose the daily living as well even though i am not diputeing that will keep you posted on my fight with pip and dwp hope this helps others in same situation.
    • Posted

Thx for the update buddy. I'm sure you are doing the right thing, morally and for yourself too. It's a bit crappy that you are a "test" case but someone's got to be and you could be paving the way for thousands of others who are in desperate need. I'm hoping your CAB rep will help you with the paperwork. Don't rush things. Set the paperwork work aside and tackle it in small stages (or have a good stab at it) as and when you feel able. If it is proving too much, box it up and put it away where you can't see it (and you can't hear it calling to you!) Do something soothing and calming and take a look at it another day when you are ready. If you find yourself putting it off too much (we all do this with things we don't like) then you might need to try a schedule (e.g. daily, every other day or weekly at a fixed time). Reward yourself regularly with whatever floats your boat ;-)

If you need some accountability, post your progress on this forum, or share your frustration with us. I believe in you mate. You are doing the right thing and I'm proud of you for responding to your disappointment with courage and determination. Please keep in touch. Wishing you all the best in the days ahead :-)

• Posted

thankyou so much for your support will keep you posted 
  • Posted

needed to do something i wont be going after the pip as sadly and suddenly my wonderfull partner died on thursday morning he was my world my rock he was only 42 and has left 4 beautifull daughters i am compleatly deverstated and in shock i feel like i have lost the best past of myself i needed to write somthing somwhere so hear seemed good the support of his friends has been great they have rasied over 2000 so far for the funeral  in an online campaign that my 19 year old daughter started it was on the front page of the paper he has so many freinds that i didnt even know about he was such a wonderfull man i cant belive he is gone.  he was sleepwalking so i managed to get him on sofa and sadly he didnt wake up sorry needed to do this thankyou
    • Posted

My dear dear friend...I'm so sorry to read this sad news. My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. I hope that all your children are bringing you comfort. Sending you a BIG hug - I wish I was there with you to wrap my arms around you and just sit with you in your pain. Please keep in touch and be gentle on yourself.

Much love,

Digsby x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.