stomach very big bloating

Posted , 9 users are following.

does anyone have a big stomach with their ibs i hardly eat anything but yet my stomach is swollen and i look pregnant  dont know why it is so big

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I get a bloated stomach too, I find if I leave off of dairy foods it helps, also eating small meals is good.

Best Dd.

• Posted

Hi Christine, yes I do too... Had my babies 18 years ago but still look pregnant when it flares up! I have given up chocolate cakes and biscuits and have found it's helping. I get very bloated and feel very uncomfortable with it so felt had to try something! Hope that helps. P.s I love chocolate too!!!
  • Posted

i have really suffered with a bloaded and swollen stomach in the past. A few months ago i started following the Fod Map diet and found i was eating alot of the fruits form the list of foods to avoid, since following this diet and cutting things out from that list as well as diary i change to rice milk my stomach as seen a 100% improvement and i feel much better. I would defently recomend following the Fod Map diet give it a couple of weeks and you will see a real difference. Good Luck..
  • Posted

Hi, yes i do, going through a mild flare of colitis & ibs-d playing up too a present, & do get remarkable increase in bloating when this happens- no excess wind either, so it is just an effect of these conditions with me. x
  • Posted

Yes mine stays like that alot its from gas I think it goes down somtimes but its normal for IBS
  • Posted

Hello I used to suffer with bloating whenever my IBS flared up and I looked pregnant - very embarrassing! So I know how you feel and I do not eat a lot. You need to find out what medication works for you, try to keep your stress levels down and exercise. Hope you get sorted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.