ibs with diabetics

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can anybody realate and help me figure out what I should eating because I have to have a Protein with everyting I eat its makes it harder to figure out and also any help thank you

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest you speak to your doctor and ask to be referred to a dietician.
  • Posted

Shelly, lean meats are best. But I eat all things in moderation and I'm a diabetic, it's hard with this ibs-d because all the things they tell you to eat as a diabetic does not always work well for ibs- d. Do you have diarrhea or do you get constipated? I get the diarrhea so I have to watch  fruits, veggies, salads because these things cause me to spasam out the insides which pushes every thing out quicker and hence the diarrhea. I eat bacon every morning, but sometimes pork ribs will cause me to have an issue, meatloaf because of the onions, every person has different triggers. And I try to eat something every 2-3 hours that helps, but for me big meals will usually do it for me so I eat but I use a small plate and if I feel full I quit. Seeds and nuts will bother me I eat them but only what fits in the palm of my hand in the center of my palm. 
  • Posted

Protein can be integrated fairly easy into your meals.  even if it's just a protein shake. For breakfast I have High Protein Oatmeal when I don't want a meat product. eggs are a good source too.  Look for things that have atleast 3 grams per serving.  You can get Plant protein supplements from any health food store just add them to soups, smoothies or even mashed potatoes.  WW and WG bread is better than white. As is ww pasta and brown rice.  I've been following the food lovers fat loss system and it also says to have a protein with every meal at first I was in the same boat as you and it was getting pretty repetative so I googled protien packed recipies and modified them to my diet.I have diverticulitis and so berries and whole nuts and seeds along with red meat are out for me so I eat mostly fish and chicken.  If I see a meat dish I like I just substitute.  I know it can get frustrating.
    • Posted

keifer Milk, frozen bananas, probiotic yogurt, frozen fruit (melons, pineapple, pears, peaches). soy milk (I'm lactose intolerant but can drink the keifer milk. must be something in the processing) protein powder.

for veggie smoothies I use well cooked veggies (carrots, turnip, squash, onions,sweet potatoes and use some of the water I cook them in cause thats where the good stuff goes.  I then add a little veggie protein powder It can be expensive depending on where you buy it. I never make it the same and it tastes like V8 or vegtable cocktail. I drink it hot and cold.

I also juice with fresh too.  Beets carrots, spinach, kale, sweetpotatoes, celery and add a little pure orange juice again adding protein powder.

Hope this helps smile

• Posted

I bought the plant protein today what kind of shakes do you make 
    • Posted

Frozen Bananas why do you freeze them
    • Posted

only to make the smoothies thicker..I like my fruit smoothies really cold so I use frozen bananas instead of ice.
  • Posted

Never heard of high protein oatmeal usually reg oatmeal I have to eat with a protien where do you buy that
    • Posted

I just found it myself about a month and a half ago.  It's usually in the instant oatmeal section of the grocery store. You can get  it in No name brand and Quaker Oats. I like the mixed berry flavor the best.
    • Posted

I'd say the flavored kind does.  not sure about the original
  • Posted

I tried it yesterday and it spiked my blood sugar do yall eat it by itself or with another protein
  • Posted

I have to gain weight about 10 pounds that I have lost with the IBS and SIBO will the protein shakes do that 
    • Posted

you can get whey protein for body mass building from Walmart.. I did notice there were different varieties.  Not sure if there was one for diabetics though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.