Beware low heart rate

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking this drug for over 8 years. My condition isn't

the norm so I won't go into all of the details but I had a heart attack following the birth of my daughter due to a congenital

heart defect. I am so relieved to hear people describe the total

exhaustion I have been putting up with, having just put it down

to living with heart failure. I recently experienced chronic

dizziness and visual disturbances. Following a 24 hour

monitoring of my heart I was found to have a resting heart which,at times, dropped as low as 25!

Hospital rang with results to tell me to stop bisoporol straight

away, I had been taking 10mg per day. I am now waiting for

another appointment with cardiologist but 4 days on and after

a few flutters and feeling a bit wobbly, I am now starting to feel somuch better than I have for years!! I hope I will now get back my previous zest for life. I have a family and a business and want to give them my all, rather than just wanting to sleep whenever I

can. Feeling a bit sad though to have spent most of my forties on this horrendous drug!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Apologies for spacing, getting use to site on my kindle. Rachel
  • Posted

Would reccommend you push for a pacemaker and see if/why you are unable to get one.

I had pauses which were found by 24hr monitor to have lengthened and told not to take my 1.25mg bisop at night but since having pm fitted feel like a different person

• Posted

The great thing is that my heart rate is now back up to more normal levels.  I was concerned that I would need a pacemaker but I am hoping that it is the drug causing the problem.  I have bought a heart monitor though, only just over £20 online, to put my mind at rest.

Glad you are feeling better since having the pacemaker fitted and thanks for the advice !

• Posted

6th day off bisoprolol and pleased to report that heart rate has settled and resting rate back up.  Can't believe how much better I feel.  Someone on here had described everyday life as like wading through treacle, perfect desription to how my life was.  Thought it was due to living with heart failure so just tried to get with things as best I could, but was dreading further decline.

I will still need further tests etc, but so happy to be off this drug, I hadn't realised how much life it was robbing me of.  Worked an eight hour day yesterday, had a lovely family roast followed by cuddling with my daughter to watch a film, all without wanting t crawl to my bed - best day for years!!!

• Posted

Very pleased for you - great news

Not certain how long it takes for bisoporol to be completely out of the system but obviously it has cleared enoughalready  to let you feel alive again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.