Could there be any negtive effect of using any eye drops/Ointment for two consecutive months

Posted , 1 user is following.

My 2 years daughter have been on eye treatment for closed to 7 months now. The Doctor recomanded Efemoline eyedrops and beoptic-n ointment , though the drug prescription works but the problem will only come back at least one week after we stops applying the drugs. please help me, what do you think i should do. If i should continue applying the drugs may be for two consective months of application to esnsure that the  infection is cleared completely, Will it has some negtive effect on her eyes? what could be the negtive effect  of these drugs if prolonged used

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, think those questions you should be asking your doctor, we are just 

fellow sufferers of every disease and ailment you could imagine ,we just act as 

crutches to each other ,which does help enormously,,but we are not qualified 

to tell each other what to do with the drugs we are prescribed

If you are so worried try another GP   .they all seem to have a different opinion

about everything

I know it's very frustrating,seeing what's happening to your daughter, she is so

young to have problems. So ,your GP is your first stop, ask him for a referal to 

a consultant, who are usually a bit more helpful 

• Posted

Thanks so much for your concern  an d your little contribution to the effective treatment of my daugther's eye problem. I think i will really check for another Doctor as you said. thanks

Regards.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your concern  an d your little contribution to the effective treatment of my daugther's eye problem. I think i will really check for another Doctor as you said. thanks

Regards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.