Not a Disease???

Posted , 4 users are following.

RANT OF THE DAY!!!!!!!

Was told by a Canadian Disabilities group that DIVI is not considered a disease because it doesn't impact your quality of life...Yet Crohn's, Colitis and IBS are on the list.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!frown

This stupid thing has taken on a life of it's own and controls a huge part of my life. I wish each person (who has the job of deciding what is or isn't considered a disease) would have to go through what we have to when we have a flare up before being able to decide this.  Let them have to cry  while sitting on the toilet, let them have abdominal cramps so bad they'd wish it was all hauled out, Let then end up in the hospital on a drip because they can't eat and let them see how it affects their social/private lives when they're too sick to do anything with family and friends. Considering how much the symptoms of these overlap I can't see how one could be considered a "Disease" while the other is only considered a "Condition".

Definitions really need to be revised and updated frown

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sunni

I totally agree with every word you stated.

You have put our case perfectly 

Well done.

kieran

• Posted

I'm having another colonoscopy tommorrow hence been on toilet for few days to clear my. keel colon. What the disability board who ever is saying this to you in Canada needs to be strong addressed DIRVERTICULAR DESEASE is in my case chronic as found out by fighting and continuing to have to provoke my pain which previous consultant dismissed because my pain On the right .Tommorrow they taking tissue samples from my colon they are checking for IBS colitis Its ridiculous to say diverticular is not a desease as it causes narrowing thickening of your bowel and scarring making your colon rigid and none flexible. Therefore causing cramping and pain. Therefore you need to find out whether they took tissue samples your colon. Of course you must have IIBS caused by the DIRVERTICULAR I'm on a pension and it's causing me financial expenses 're food and diet.for above I suggest you need to ask for another colonoscopy and they take further tissue samples if not already done so? What is so frustrating no one believed my right sided pain and I have had to fight at every turn which has made my condition far worse with the cramps other and thinking I'm going mad all because another consultant taken me off his gastric team. In England I think I Will be able to claim for attendance allowance for DIRVERTICULAR DESEASE AND IBS I'm sure have IBS because it's one the things tied into the disease. For two weeks I have been taking COLOFAC tablets which stop the stomach cramps they are working and my stomach cramps pain has improved 70 % already I think if your not on these please ask for them. As I trying help you insist for another colonoscopy to provoke your condition has caused IBS. I feel like suing for the he'll I have been put through by previous consultant nor bothering to diagnose my condition or and no empathy I didn't end up in AE 8 Times for nothing and in hospital 3 Times for nothing My condition chronic and feel it's to late for them to poo poo my constant pain from this desease which I believe is hereditary as any other. Reason my sister has my mum's brother and my dad when he had ended up dying from a perforated bowel caused by this and cancer. Will jeep you posted. my results Just you fight for your rights and never give up. Your the patient and your the one in pain.!!
    • Posted

Please excuse mistakes my text as I'm having colonoscopy tommorrow and tired hungry sore and stressed not just for me but for people like us who have to justify are pain to some incompetent. uncaring medical prats. I MEANT PROOVE IN MY MSG NOT PROVOKE.
  • Posted

Just a note know someone who gets just everything in help has Fibromyialgia it's not a desease and causes pain all over the body 're muscle nerve pain. The medical profession look at it as a unknown or imaginary pain all in the mind. They cannot disprove what the patient says so they get all the help from a condition. I don't want to be bitter but this person plays on her condition when she wants I had evidence seen her decorating when I been to shops for her found her up ladder putting coving up walking normally no stick other. All because the medical profession say it's a condition they can't say to that patient your a lier not in pain!! I'm at a loss then how they can discount are pain and call it a desease Maybe they should say we have a condition so we can get help. Joke not. Grr. Ps her excuse yes I'm doing this decorating but foe next 3 days will suffer and be in bed for 3 days when caught her up a ladder you just don't realise know my pain is worse than yours. Really!!
  • Posted

Had

y further endiscopy yesterday 12 th November 2015 .This time they went all way round to the right my colon and took tissue samples. I'm Seeing consultant 24 the. They trying find out why there has been inclination on the right all the time. They looking for IBS other like I said. The good news is that I don't have cancer or any polyps which they would removed because they can cause cancer sometimes. Apperently Dirverticular desease later in life is connected to above Not kknowing why had pain on right and not left for over 16 months my DIRVERTICULAR DESEASE.and been in pain admitted 3 times and 8 Times in AE. has been a nightmare and appaling lack of care empathy by previous consultant by

• Posted

Meant further to say as before treated like some fruit cake because his mistakes not listening not telling the endiscopy team last tome to do endiscopy again as only concentrated on left colon used the wrong equipment. Removed

me from his care team last year. as could find no reason to as why I had pain my right not left. And failed to read the CT scan and radiologist. who said was normal. Apperently not. normal but abnormal CT scan of this September. I thinking of suing yours in pain. Today It feels like kicked in my stomach from the procedure as the sedation wearing off. I have managed to eat something after 4 days mainly liquid diet and one this day's for 24 hours not aloud anything except fluids and none day procedure. I now think it.must be IBS combined because the COLOFA . tablets have helped so much my stomach cramps and food intake My doctor surgery prescribed them two weeks ago. Bedfordshire procedure endiscopy

• Posted

I hurt for you and am rotted on your behalf.  Doctors give up so easily these days.  ...I have no words... mad
    • Posted

I had appointment yesterday afternoon my consultant over endescopy and biopsy they as I said. investigated all my colon and round to the right. They could not find any polyps or tumours cancer. she now thinks my stomach bowel problem on right is due to IBS bought on by the dirvirticular desease. The consultant said didn't want to put me down for anymore tests bur seeing me new year. She's referring me back to Gyni as wants them to investigate my ovaries.again, I'm at a loss as have a Virginia moderate prolapse and I have a tape attached to my bladder kneck in.2006 and now a moderate prolapse again However I have had the tape investigated and they say not corroded although had many UTI and landed in hospital AE with that and the dirvirticular desese and admissions this July. Re black stools and in pain from a flare up. They said from inflammation of my stomach lining through pain killers Ibuprofen and maybe a fortnight of Naproxen? . I'm still in pain last two days my right side and I asked could it be adhesions from appendixes operation in 2013 CT scans don't show up adhesions very clearly. My consultant said the trouble is if we opened you up again would cause more adhesions. Lol. I would do anything to stop this pain at moment I'm awake taken COLOFAC and paracetamol No joy as yet sleep. I have done everything possible re food for dirvirticular desease I even tried no milk accept lactolose milk. Bread any bread seems to start me off They said had test for celiac desese but I can't remember that or tested for any other food allergy I'm sure I would remember as a retired nursing assistant!! Unless they did when had blood tests without telling me.! it's all very stressful being told they can't find reason for rightsided pain as yet. I did have MRSA after appendixes op..That doesn't show up in blood only from swab test nose and inner thigh All I know is when the pain.started like a constant toothaches want to cut it out when pain killers don't work. Will keep you posted but honestly feel like why am I still here at all, 8 admissions AE and 3 admissions hospital in 16 months. Yours in.PAIN

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.