IBS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been taking colpermin to help my IBS which I have been taking for about 7-8 now .Over the last few days I gave been experiening constant palpapations and getting headaches.Has anyone else had these symptoms come on while taking this medication thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Serenity2B. 

Did you read up on the medication and possible side effects they may cause.

Headaches with this medication could be an allergic reaction.

Call your doctor today.

Side effects

Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Just because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.

Indigestion.

Heartburn.

Feeling sick or vomiting.

Discomfort or irritation around the anus.

Allergic reactions such as rash, headache, slow pulse rate, loss of co-ordination and shaking (rare).

The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the medicine's manufacturer.

For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.

• Posted

Yes I did rhsnk you .I'm on period as well so hard to known which is related butvrhink I will stop .
    • Posted

Not sure if I've asked before, but a lot of IBS cases are actually celiac related.  Have you been checked for celiac?

• Posted

Get blood work done and have your magnesium levels checked along with iron potassium. And then take a look at any other medication you're on that would interfere with other meds you take. Did you say 7 to 8 months or years

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.