Ovarian cysts

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey just looking for some advice.....

I had a 14cm dermoid cyst removed from my right ovary last October via open surgery as surgeon said keyhole wasn't an option for me.

I pretty much felt I had another cyst within a few months / pushing feeling and groin pressure. I am still under gynaecologist at the hospital and was having scans every 3 months they showed up blood cysts on both ovaries and said they will pass through. They put me to have scans every 6 months at my last appointment and I have my next transvaginal scan tomorrow. I'm worrying as to what will show up as still feel the pressure and feeling I did before.

If I do have another cyst can I request them to do a hysterectomy?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi i am waiting to go back after 3 yrs ago have large dermoid and both ovaries removed,and yes i am going to demand a hysterectomy ,as i dont want any more ops etc i have had many ops enoughs enough,its your body ,demand it sweetheart ,keep me informed tc mags smilex
  • Posted

Maybe you could just have your ovaries and tubes removed. I had a large cyst removed both ovaries and tubes as I did not want anymore cysts.
    • Posted

hi yes but ive been back to have more cysts removed from my wombsad they just seem to keep growing so i want my womb removed tc x
    • Posted

I did not know that you can get cysts in your uterus. Mine were on my ovaries. And I don't blame you. If your not using it and it is causing you problems, get rid of it! 
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies ladies.

I agree I don't mind having a hysterectomy to be fair as I'm gay so I am going through the adoption route with my fiancée due to us both having issues with cysts etc.

I know they were so cautious of loosing my ovary last time they just removed a slither where the dermoid was attached to.

Guess will see what / if anything shows up today and just go from there!

Will post tonight and let you know what they say. Normally get a nice person who tells me there and then somethings then have my follow up with the gynaecologist in 2 weeks.

• Posted

I had the scan Thursday. The sonographer had trouble seeing my right ovary said was because of my bowels?! Random

But reckon they are clear of any cysts! Left was definitely clear and after having blood cysts the last 2 scans means hopefully now they will sign me off out patients with the gynaecologist! But...... It still doesn't explain the same feelings I have with the aching and pressure feeling?! Have my follow up appointment with the gynaecologist on the 26th November so will see then! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.