Need advice, pain in ovary area

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 19 years old and i have been having a lot of pain in my pelvic region, seems to be near my left ovary. (tmi) I have been experiencing a lot of pain during intercourse since the birth of my daughter 2 years ago. I didn't really think anything of it for awhile because I've read that a lot of woman have painful or uncomfortable intercourse for awhile after childbirth. (tmi) during intercourse, it really feels like my husband is just hitting something wrong near my left ovary. Well recently it has been a lot worse than usual. Now, a few days ago after intercourse I started experiencing a really sharp pain. It has been a constant feeling for the past 3 days. A long with that i have also been experiencing extreme nausea, a heartburn-like feeling in my chest, diarrhea (tmi, its really hard to make a bowel movement, but its diarrhea, idk if that makes sense to u, but thats the only way i can describe it). I called my obgyn and they said to come in as soon as possible but have no openings for 3 weeks, same as 4 other obgyn in my area. When i called back they told me they usually don't do anything for ovarian cysts anyways, so i can just tough it out and hope it goes away, and to take tylenol 800mg for the pain. Im not even sure if it is an ovarian cyst, but it hurts like hell. I am not pregnant, i just got off my period 5 days ago and took a preg test 4 days ago, negative. It started off only hurting on my left side, and has slowly just started taking over pain throught my pelvic region. Any advice or have you experienced this with an ovarian cyst? The dizziness has been going on for a week, always when i just stand up, last about 30 seconds, and feels like when u get the throb from a headache.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You have many of the same symptoms I had when I had my cyst. Mine was 7.5 cm and filled with mucous! Tmi lol. I went in for my regular check up and she felt something on my ovary. She scheduled an ultrasound which did indeed show a cyst. They sent me home and said come back in 8 weeks for another ultra sound. Well it did not go away so my Ob scheduled me for surgery. I had both ovaries, both tubes and the cyst removed. She also did a d&c because the lining of my uterus was to thick. After being diagnosed I felt pain when I was sitting or standing for any period of time, painful intercourse TMI, weight gain, bloated stomach and just a general feeling of being sick all the time. After surgery she said this kind of cyst never resolves on its own and it was a good thing I got it out.  If I were you I would call every gyno in town to get the ultra sound done and don't put it off. You may have a cyst that will go away but you also may have the kind that will not resolve. I think your dr is crazy in that they do nothing for cyst. He or she is assuming it will go away, which many do but you need to get a diagnosis to see if that it is in fact a cyst. After my surgery I dropped weight, no more pain or bloating and just feel all around better. My husband made the comment that it makes since how crappy I was feeling since I had a huge mucus filled cyst in my abdomen! Hope this helps and I hope you feel better soon but get to the dr!
    • Posted

Thank u so much for ur reply. Really scares me a lot though bc I am only 19, I do have one child but my husband and I really want a large family and I'm so scared bc everything I read is about women who have had to get their fallopian tubes out too sad I wouldn't mind going to every obgyn I could to get the ultrasound, but I have no health insurance right now for another 2 months sad I'm hoping I can b okay until then bc omg it hurts lol thank u so much for ur reply smile
    • Posted

I am older so i was fine having it all removed. Most of the time they will do everything they can to save your girl parts. Even if you have a cyst and they have to remove your ovary, you only need one to get pregnant. I hope you can hold off until you get your insurance! Good luck. Hope you feel better very soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.