Something finally worked!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I'm thrilled...Clarinase has helped me with my chronically stuffy nose and swelling eyelid (Finally- thank goodness!)  lol

However, it has made me somewhat hyper and nervous (a know side effect).

I have tried each of its active ingredients on their own without much effect,

but their combination in Clarinase somehow does the trick for me!

Questions:

Has anyone else here found it helps them?

Can you use this on a daily basis without harm and without it losing its beneficial effect?

Thanks!!!  [smile]

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shira, Just googled it (had never heard of this trade name before) and I see it's pseudoephedrine and loratadine. Interesting that they're both well-known substances - decongestant and antihistamine - so surprised your doctors never thought to try either or both in combination. But there you go...

I would imagine the main problem for SS sufferers might be dry mouth (caused by both) but then we all have different subsets of symptoms and dry mouth won't necessarily be a serious problem for all of us.

Can't think of any serious long-term side-effects apart from the above and, as you say, slight nervosity and tachycardia. Maybe you could be the guinea-pig for this one like I am for sea buckthorn oil?smile

In any case, I'm glad to hear it's solved that swollen eyelid problem of yours.

• Posted

Thanks Lily, it's also known as Claritin-D. Doctors had prescribed antihistamines before, even Loratadine, and I had tried Sudafed which has the same decongestant ingredient.  but there's something about this particular combination that works for some reason.

I do suffer very much from dry mouth, but the Clarinse didn't seem to make it any drier.  

I just hope it keeps on working with the same efficacy once my body becomes accustomed to it!

I'm still on the sea buckthorn oil myself, just ordered another month's supply.

• Posted

WooHoo Shira!!!

I am so happy to hear that you found something to help your swollen eyelid and stuffy nose I know how frustrating that must have been searching for an answer. 

I am happy you didn't give up and grateful that you shared the info with us I am going to remember this product for sure! So happy you found something that works and you are feeling better,

Sally

• Posted

Thank you Sally! I'm still playing around with the dosage since Clarinase contains a high level of Pseudoephedrine. I seem to be able to combine its 2 active ingredients (Loratadine and Psudoephedrine) with separate medications at lower dosages with good results as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.