Burning mouth syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

So frustrated search for posts containing burning mouth click on them and it doesn't take you to them. Does anyone know of any links between BMS and venlafaxin

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have never had that ... The only thing i actually get is hot flushes constantly x
  • Posted

Your BMS is almost 99% likely caused by what can be severe dry mouth caused by venlafaxine. I have the same problem. I use the various Biotene products and they provide temporary relief. It's odd, but I can sleep with it but within minutes of awakening, it's back.

I would suggest uisng the Biotene mouth rinse first. It's longer lasting than either the spray or the gel. See if that helps. It only takes a very little and you'll have a good 30 minutes or so of relief.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I will try, the dentist said my saliva flow is normal can I still have a dry mouth?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.