Venlafaxine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

Has anyone experienced itching, bruising and burst blood vessels when on Venlafaxine?

I am currently taking 300mg daily and have been for 8 weeks.

Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Bruising is considered a SERIOUS side effect of Effexor and you should contact your doctor!
    • Posted

Itching is also a side effect of unknown incidence.  Here's a list of side effects, all of which should be checked out by a doctor:

In addition to its needed effects, some unwanted effects may be caused by venlafaxine (the active ingredient contained in Effexor). In the event that any of these side effects do occur, they may require medical attention.

You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking venlafaxine:More commonHigh blood pressure

lack or loss of strength

severe headache

sweatingLess commonBlurred vision

chest pain

fast or irregular heartbeat

mood or mental changes

ringing or buzzing in the ears

suicidal thoughtsRareActions that are out of control

convulsions

high fever

high or low blood pressure

irritability

itching or skin rash

lightheadedness or fainting, especially when getting up suddenly from a sitting or lying position

menstrual changes

nervousness

problems with urinating or holding urine

severe muscle stiffness

talking, feeling, and acting with excitement that you cannot control

trouble breathing

unusually pale skinIncidence not knownAgitation

bloody, black, or tarry stools

bloody stool or urine

confusion

dark urine

decreased frequency or amount of urine

diarrhea

drowsiness

fever

general feeling of tiredness or weakness

headache

increased thirst

light-colored stools

muscle cramps, spasms, or pain

nausea or vomiting

nosebleeds

overactive reflexes

poor coordination

red or purple spots on skin

restlessness

shivering

stomach pain on upper right side

swelling of the face, lower legs, ankles, hands, or fingers

trembling or shaking that is hard to control

twitching

unusual bruising

unusual tiredness or weakness

vomiting of blood or material that looks like coffee grounds

yellow eyes or skin

• Posted

Not at all hun you dhould go back to the docs with that hun im on 300mg slow release too but that dosnt happen to me ... The only thing i get is hot flushes hun x
  • Posted

I recommend that you go back to your doctor and discuss these side effects.
  • Posted

Thank you everyone I did pop my GP today and was sent for tests I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.
  • Posted

I've never experienced side effects like you mention.
    • Posted

Hi neil .... Am on 300mg of venlafaine and they moved me the weekend just gone to 375mg i was dizzy feelin like a wanted to vomt so i lowered my self back to my normal 300mg ..... But i am sure i remember feeling the same as when they upped me last year from 250mg to 300mg until i got used to them .... But im back to my normal now ... A still get anxiety constantly and a just do not know why
    • Posted

Richard, it may be that ven is just too activating for you.  There's another gal on here that has the same problem with ven. Over the years on it I had a lot of trouble with insomnia/restless sleep.
  • Posted

hello i am on 225mg XR and the only side effect i get is heavy sweatting at night. other than that i don't feel like im even taking any thing i feel the same some as i did befor i started them rolleyes
    • Posted

Hi emily i feel the same on 300mg all i get is hot flushes hun x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.