Please help, I could use opinions.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I just found this site so I hope I do this correctly. I'm 21 years old and would say I'm in healthy condition. I have ADHD and take adderall almost daily. What's going on is I've been having this twitching problem with my mouth and eye that has been getting worse. Most recently I've been beginning to slur my speech and I work on the phone and I feel like it's really impacting the way I work. I also sometimes have my fingers or hands go cold and feel like a finger or so is numb or tingles until it goes away. The one thing I'm extremely worried about since it has gotten noticeably worse in my view is my speech. I'm pausing before speaking on the phone, I'm slurring my words while talking and never had a problem with that before, and it's as if my mouth isn't moving or making the motions it normally would to get the words out. I just don't know what to do, and am worried if this keeps up this will start to really affect me. Any opinions??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Did this begin after an increase in your medication dosage? My daughter had a similar reaction to celexa after a certain dose and had to change medications.
    • Posted

Well I've had increases over the the last year but all I've really experienced was the twitching which was at a minimum, or it would come but than go. But starting about two days ago the slurring of my speech started to occur which was instantly noticeable by me, and I couldn't wait to get out of work tonight because I just felt so uncomfortable with it. I feel like it only occurs at work though maybe now that I think about it because I haven't really noticed it else where. It's just very strange and my quality is at 99%, and I don't want this to affect me when I'm not making it happen. Just not too sure about all the side affects I'm having.
    • Posted

I would talk to your doc. We had to look at new med combos for my daughter. It may be how your body is metabolizing the meds. I know her dose even with new meds is now being split thru the day now to give her body time to use the meds correctly. Hopefully it is that easy for you. I know it was scary and frustrating for us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.