Can I take Gabapentin and Fluoxetine (prozac) together?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm currently rying to wean my self of gabapetin was given them for my hip op, nerve pain but i have been tking them now becuase of the high i get and that they seem to ake my depression and general state of well being much better....but i was prescribed flux 5 days ago now and wondered if it is ok to take both? i take flux at night and gabapentin through the day. My only side effects with the flux is nauseau/sick feeling and feeling spaced out and a bit disconnected but the are seeming to help me cope better with the deppression/anger issues i have.

just wanted to know about the gabba as they are addictive and im finding that withdrawing off gabbapentin is making my depression state of mind worse?? 

sorry for misjointed writing.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take them together. I take Prozac in the morning and gabapentin at night.
  • Posted

hi jenn

thanks for replying

can i ask do you find coming off gabba pills is hard? i find i have flu like symtms when i try to wean myself off them? 

• Posted

Hi Helen,

I don't know. I haven't tried to come off of them. Sorry I can't be more help. 😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.