POTS or Addison's Disease?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hello,

I am concerned that I have POTS syndrome. I was diagnosed with Addison's Disease and put on Florinef. I began to get much better, but never fully well, and about a month ago I began to regress and experience both new and old symptoms. My GP told me that she thinks I have POTS syndrome and referred me to a neurologist, who I will see in December. My GP put me on propranolol for now, which I began today. I am a 19 year old female and I am wondering what anyone with POTS thinks of this. These are my most concerning symptoms: low blood pressure, nearly fainting while standing, tunnel vision upon standing, extreme fatigue (bsolutely zero energy), headache, dizziness, purplish feet, always cold, dull lower back ache, occasional tingling sensation in fingers & scalp, occasional numbness in leg and feet while using restroom.

I would greatly appreaciate any advice or feedback.

Thanks,

Bre

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi who diagnosed you with Adissons Darling? From your symptoms you certainly have POTS! it's common in someone of your age and your GP was correct to send you to neurology. There are lots of medications available and the neurologist will determine the best one for you. He will watch you carefully as you may be double jointed. He will examine you thoroughly and suggest you have a Table Tilt Test. It's most interesting and really nothing to worry about. Re the tunnel vision has this been diagnosed my an eye hospital? If so it will help your neurologist if you can write down your problems from birth. Anthing that might help him, such as childhood disease , when your eye problems started, what your periods are like, when they started, are the normal, heavy or light. painful or not. Have you any acne, skin problems, digestive problems, are you still in full time education. Good luck and I hope some of this helps. I'm 68 and have POTS so it's really nothing to worry about, you have a very intelligent GP! 

• Posted

Thanks for replying! My GP diagnosed me with Addison's Disease about a year ago, but she now believes that it's POTS. I have been dealing with chronic fatigue lately and some of my newer symptoms are leaning more toward POTS she said. My tunnel vision only occurs upon standing and only lasts for abut ten seconds. It acts as a warning sign that I might pass out, so my eye doctor isn't concerned. He said my eyes are healthy, this is a symptom of a larger issue.
    • Posted

Bre that's wonderful then your GP is quite correct to send you to neurology. Do you know where you are being referred to? I went to UCH in London, the top Neurology Hospital in the UK. If you feel faint they will collect you by car to the hospital from your home. Good luck darling and please tell me how you get on. I was under Dr. E. Hagen a lovely lady doctor. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.