Xarelto (Steroids or Not)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Do this medicine have steroids in it. Because it's they only medicine that works.I don't know what, type of blood disorder I have.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello S , 

Xarelto is another name for Rivaroxaban , a new alternative anti-coagulant to Warfarin that does not need monitoring . Drugs .com list 350 drugs that interact with Xarelto ( about 1359 brand names ) so it is too complicated to comment . Why do ask about steroids ? these are not normally connected with anti-coagulants . what country are you posting from ?

• Posted

My husband tried Riveroxaban, and the side effects were awful. Are you having side effects and thats why you ask about steroids? If so, go back to your consultant and get changed to something different as soon as possible.

My husband is now trying apixaban. So far (one month) he is OK.

There is no reversal for a bleed with both of these drugs though, unless going to hospital and having an intrevenous drug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.