OCD- obsessive thoughts. Venaflaxine.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone tried this for treating their OCD?

ONLY POSITIVE please. Even if you have a negative. Please tell me in a good way. I want to hear it. I have no compulsions. Just bad thoughts

I'm on 150 mg on Venaflaxine. Does it help? How long did it take?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HI Kaleigh, I'm just curious, did your bad thoughts start before ever being on medication of any kind?
    • Posted

You might want to check out this thread: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/learning-new-ways-to-cope--486434?page=0&order=Oldest

While you are trying to figure out your med situation, there's lots you can do to retrain your brain away from bad thoughts, negativity, dysfunctional thinking in general.  This type of work should be done in addition to meds (meds are not a fix but a band-aid) but is just as useful without meds, too.

I've been on ven for 12 years, trying to get off now (slowly) and still found that my negativity bled through.  Only now have I been doing work that has actually made a real difference, and I am on the lowest amount of ven that I've ever been on, sub-therapeutic dosage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.