Venaflaxine for OCD NEED HOPE HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

On 150 mg since last Thursday.

When will it help the OCD? Taking hydroxyzine for anxiety as well.

NEED HOPE

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dont worry kaleigh hun it will help you im on hyroxyzine too there little greet ones .... And im on venlafaxine 300mg a day it will help you ya just need to keep takin it or ask them to up your dose hun x
    • Posted

It took me a good few weeks to get in my ststem as i didnt tink they was working so i called my doctor and they basically said keep takin them and now i couldnt do without them .... Iv had a choking phobia and server panic attacks and server anxiety since i was 11 and im now 30, i have to have 24/7 care of my mam and dad .... Its awful but these tablets do make huge difference they make you clear headed and a still get anxious on them but not as bad as i used to .... Give it a few weeks hun
  • Posted

Hi Kaleigh,

Have you seen a psychologist as cognitive behavioural therapy may help you with your OCD. I am not in any way denigrating the use of medication. I am a nurse who suffers from chronic depression. Medication has helped heaps but so has some retraining about how I look at what people say or do. I don't liken my depression to a black dog but rather a deep well. I try to get out and be happy two steps up, I slide down one but I'm still getting better. Hope you have some great friends as a help team.

• Posted

It seems i aint the only one sufferin from this horrendous illness, i chiked runnin for the bus to school and now i jave a chokin phobia and iv been agoraphobic since i was 11 .... I have to have 24/7 care by my mam .... And i dont leave the house most day i just spend the time sewing in my room sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.