Help operation cancelled

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I was booked into Maidstone and Tonbridge wells NHS trust at Pembury for a hip replacement on 24th of november . But at 5.18pm today I received a voicemail informing me that it was cancelled.Help what should I do 

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Contact the surgeons Secretary and ask about alternative date, no doubt you are gutted because you get yourself all prepared, keep your chin up and let's hope they will offer another date very soon xx
  • Posted

Just realised that should have been tomorrow, bad luck but there must be a good reason. Hope you get another date soon because it is quite stressful before the op wondering if it is going ahead and if you will be well enough on the day. I was worried I might catch the flu bug my wife was suffering from before my op. Tony
  • Posted

Did they give any reason, like detecting MRSA pre-op, or is it a problem at the hospital?

Graham

• Posted

Contact secretary, ask for reason, ask when it will now be, say you will take a cancellation (if you are willing and able)
  • Posted

Hi Kquatto. 

That is bad - what a bummer - 

please let us know what happene, okay ?

in the mean time , take care 

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

So sorry to hear you were cancelled Kquatto, it is crushing, and happened to me too so I know how you feel. Call the secretary and rebook your operation, your surgeon may add some extra dates hopefully, but I am sure you will be a priority for them now.

The stress of the build up to the operation, the preparation, it is quite an ordeal and make take you a few days to get over. Let us all know how you get on. 

• Posted

Hi all , spoke to the ward manager today and was told that I was 1 of 4 that had surgery callcelled . As of lack of beds . New date booked and name down for a cancellation , but could still be callcelled again for the same reason
    • Posted

I am sure they wouldn't cancel the same patient twice, more likely for yours to go ahead now that it has happened once. I hope you feel better now you have a new date to work towards.

I had my surgery cancelled the same morning I was due for surgery and it is not very nice, this time around (op booked for next Tues) trying to stay calm and relaxed on the run up to it knowing that it could happen again for whatever reason, especially at this time of year. We will have to hope and pray!

When is your op booked for?

• Posted

Ward manager did say depends on how many come through A&E , and beds .                                                                                                              New date is the 12th .Just pre-op runs out
    • Posted

At least it's not something like finding MRSA when they swab you for bacteria.

Lets hope they don't cancel you again

Regards

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.