Abscess Won't Go Away

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, I've had this abscess near my bikini line for a while. It losed up, but then filled up again. Like an idiot, I punctured it. I went to the doctor several times--it's not big and it didn't require lancing or draining. I was given antibiotics and Mupirocin ointment to prevent against MRSA. 

The abcess closed up, but it won't go away--it's this red spot that's just kind of....there. It doesn't hurt or itch. But I'm concerned that it hasn't gone away.

Moreover, I had tried putting bandages over it, but my skin reacted HORRIBLY as I have a latex allergy. That healed as well, but once in a while, the areas where the bandages were will start to flare up and itch. 

I wish I could see a dermatologist right now, but I can't afford to until I get decent health insurance from my job, which won't be until December 8th. Until then, I have no idea what's wrong, I worry that the skin rash flare-ups could be a blood infection or something to do with the abcess--but I suppose if it was something like blood poisoning I would've had fever, chills and been in the hospital or something.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

*closed, not losed. I can't type. 
  • Posted

Hi.

Here's something you could try. Buy some iodine and mix it with some shower gel. Wherever the abcess is should be washed very well with the mixture.

This must only be done once a week, as the skin holds secreted oil and the balance of oil on your skin needs to be kept balsnced.

Hope this works for you

• Posted

I have been dealing with abcesses myself here recently and was curious to know the outcome from yours?????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.