6 weeks post op

Posted , 7 users are following.

thought i've been doing really well-only 1 crutch @ 2 weeks and trying to walk unaided for a good few times throughout the day for past week.actually got into a car yesterday(as a passenger)and went walking round a garden centre for an hour.but OMG today in pain down front of operated thigh and into groin,feel unable to go without crutch today.i too was only given sheet of exercises to follow 4 times a day and never really sure if i am doing them right.no other physio offered-i'm due back at work in 6 weeks and my job involves walking and bending down for entire 10 hour night shift.am so worried i will not be able to do it,and as i'm on my own(lost my husband in june)i have no option but to work as have mortgage and bills to pay.feeling very under pressure at moment as sold my house to try and help and was due to move on 11th Dec but found out yesterday sale has fallen through.sorry all-rant over.very low.hugs to everyone anyway.karen xx

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen

Just read your message it brought tears to my eyes you have been through so much, you are bound to feel so low just now I am 4 weeks into my hip replacement 2nd week in it dislocated I have never felt so low around that time I couldn't believe how tearful I felt and I am not a person who cries much, I send you lots of love and hugs it will get better as you know but just to let you know I am thinking about you.

Get well soon

Best wishes

Jackie

• Posted

Thank you jackie,i would be lost without this site and all you kind people.its nice to know in the wee small hours and sleep eludes me that i know others are out there for me.take care.xx karen
  • Posted

Oh Karen. Don't get too down or stressed. Breathe. You probably just overdid it a little. Try to build up walking about and doing light chores at home that's what I'm doing PO. I'm 3 weeks. Mostly not using crutch at home. Mind you I've hardly been out, but will use 1 crutch.

Re selling your house it's so much to cope with having not long lost your dear husband! They do say you shouldn't make any major decisions before at least a year! But I'm sure another better buyer will come along very soon!

Re your job I'm sure under the circumstances your bosses can help in some way to help you ease back into work!

You need to try not to overload with stress as that will not help your recovery!

All the best & we're all here for you. Xx

• Posted

thank you too Gaby,it has been a dreadful year!only managed 4 precious weeks with my husband of 23 years before his passing and the house and operation on top has literally taken me to the edge at times.but your kind words ease the burden,you too take care.karen.xx
  • Posted

dear karen , 

that is a lot to deal with .... and that is an understatement - 

I am sure that you overdid a little bit - walking around t a garden center for one hour is tiring to begin with - the  stop and go and bending a it etc ... 

rest today and maybe tomorrow too - take it easy and do not feel guilty !!! 

try not to worry about your job either - maybe you can have a fased return and start out with less hours, less days - I understand that you need the income to pay your bills, however better to do it gradually  then straight full time -

Can you request Physical Therapy? 

You feel so overwhelmed right now - some dear and wise woman once told me: when you feel overwhelmed, take a nap - 

have fith dear karen - it will be all right

warm hug

renee

• Posted

redface that is  "faith" of course
    • Posted

You are an inspiration Renee,i've read many of your posts along the way and your caring and humour always shines through-i am off to take a nap and hope world is a bit better place when i awake!!hugs back to you.xx  karen.x
  • Posted

It is so easy to do too much, and that results in pain,

physical and emotional, You have got extra worries,

as well as bereavement to cope with. You are allowed to 

scream, I would. You were right to share it with the forum,

try to rest today to ease the physical pain, one day at a

time, tomorrow should be less intense.

sent with love and special thoughts Cathie

• Posted

thank you Cathie,special thoughts are deeply appreciated at this

moment in time.just feel i haven't had time to grieve with everything else going on.my family say 'youre strong ,you can cope' but sometimes i just don't want to.thanks for the understanding.love karen.xx

• Posted

Karen,

You poor girl, so many things all going wrong - like the rest of the forum, I really feel for you.

We all seem to overdo it from time to time, and you did just that.  I too am familiar with this front of thigh pain, every time I overdo the walking.

I have no idea how anyone coped on their own, the best aid I have is my wonderful wife - I'd be lost without her, but like others, I expect I would cope somehow.

A job that involves walking and bending is not the best for a hippie, is there no chance of getting lighter duties or a phased return to work?

House sales are notoriously stressful too - and very prone to falling through as everyone in the chain is so selfish - I know we have had that in the past.

Hope your luck changes soon

Best wishes

Graham

• Posted

You're very kind Graham,and yes everyone would cope if they had to on their own-but so much nicer with someone and i'm sure your lovely wife knows how much you treasure her especially at this time.i have not done very much today but as you all say-tomorrow is another day.thank you.karen  xx
    • Posted

Karen,

No problem, I just wish I could do more than be supportive in the forum.

Graham

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.