getting emotional

Posted , 10 users are following.

So im back again. Im 19 and waiting to go in for a thr and reconstruction which will be my 11th op. Living with what iv got has always been difficult. During school i was always bullied for having a very serious limp which left me feeling self concious about myself. I also find it difficult to go out in public and try shoes on because i cant put left shoes on on my own which means someone has to help me, people always look at me as if im stuoid. But now my pain is getting worse and being unemployed and in pain gets on top of me. Also got some bad news about a pet today which doesnt help. Does anyone else feel down a lot because kf similar things?

4 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

Sorry you are feeling down. Yes I feel down most days because of the constant pain of my right hip. I have had to have two of my dogs put to sleep in the last 8 months so I understand the pain of bad news with pets too. I also think because it is now headding towards winter and the miserable weather. I havn't even been able to go out for weeks so that doesn't help either.

I am sorry you were bullied

I was bullied at school because I was the tallest iand oldest in my class. I hate bullies. When one started on my son I got the police involved. You have rights against bullying in the work place it should be the same for kids at school.

Problem is your still miserable for a while after you have had the op too. lol

It is a no win situation till you get your life back.

• Posted

Im sorry to hear about the dogs 😂 yeah the cold weather isnt helping at all. Its hard to stay upbeat with the pain im in that no one can understand and nothing gets rid of it
    • Posted

Oh wrong face. I meant 😢
    • Posted

Don't worry

It was time for them to go they were ill and there zest for life had gone. They were very old. I klnow when it is time to let them go as much as it hurts I am not one of thosae peoiple that will fight to try and keep them going.

• Posted

Your mucher braver than. Im a reptile lover and my poor baby is only 7 month. There meant to kast well into tjere 20s. We think she might have a parasite that cant be cured. Sort of like a cancer for lizards. Im very upset and hoping it isnt that. Im on my way to get her now.
    • Posted

Hi Sarah

I also have a lizard. I have a leopard geko and I rescued him from a pet shop that was closing down. Had him over 20 years now and he is still going strong.

Good luck I really hope it is nothing too bad.

• Posted

Haha yeah mine are leopard geckos. Shes number 4 iv got atm. We have just returned home from the vets with medication
    • Posted

Oh cool

glad she is ok hope the meds work. Looking into getting a camelion some time soon 

• Posted

Me to. I really want a ball python but im not allowed anymore pets in the house. Chameleons are amazing but something about their feet creep me out haha
  • Posted

I am not surprised you are feeling down with what you are going through, just remember us hippies are here for you to give you support, do you have private messages set up I can private message you with my phone no, I am also on facebook. I can understand about being upset about a pet, when my grand daughter got home from school she is only 8, she found her pet gerbil had died, she is heart broken at the moment, as for I have been emotional this week as I am only 10 days post op. We go through so many ups downs, but please do remember we are here for you when you want to have a moan or blow your trumpet when something good happens love lyn xxx
    • Posted

I dont have private message or facebook sadly. And aww no poor girl. How are you finding things after the op? Xx
  • Posted

Yes, we all have down patches, sometimes it is good to

write about it all.You will be nervous before your operation,

which is a big strain. Things will get better, do you have any

supportive friends or relatives? You could keep a notebook and

write down anything which you feel has helped, like joining this

forum, or a helpful phrase. Let us know how you are doing,

love Cathie

• Posted

My fiance and family are very supportive. And thanks thats a great idea. How long ago since your op?
    • Posted

I have had both hips done, the first 18 months ago,

the 2nd 7 weeks ago. Let your supporters help, don't

be proud. Tell the hospital staff what you feel, pain,fear,

anger.. Don't hotel it up. Re negative things, I am reading

about how negative emotions can strengthen you.

love Cathie,

ps Have you started your positive thoughts page yet, you

could share with us on the forum.

• Posted

Not yet but i will. Were you under general anishetic or epidural for op? Iv spoke to some people who had epidural and sedatives and others with an epidural and were concious for op. That scares me
    • Posted

For the first it was GA, the second was spinal.

both are ok. I wasn't asked either time. I was in

hospital in Portugal each time.

Cathie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.